- This event has passed.
Indian Independence Day भारतीय स्वतंत्रता दिवस
One event on August 18, 2019 at 12:00 AM
Indian Independence Day
Celebrating Indian independence day 15th August 1947
Flag Hoisting, cultural events and Celebrations are organized by various associations in New Zealand such as:
- Indian Embassy / High Commission
- Bharat Bhawan Wellington Indian Association, 48 Kemp St, Wellington 6022
- Indian Social and Cultural Club, Christchurch
- Auckland Indian Association, Mahatma Gandhi Center, 145 New North Road, Auckland
Programs in New Zealand:
- 10th Aug: Indian Independence Celebration organized by Indian Diaspora in Auckland – various associations celebrating together, 10th Aug, 10.30am onwards at Mahatma Gandhi Centre, 145 New North Road, Eden Terrace, Auckland. Free entry, Free parking, Great food, fun and entertainment.
- 15th Aug: India’s Independence Day celebration on 15th Aug, 10.15am to 12noon at Bharat bhawan, 48 Kemp Street, Kilbirnie, Wellington. High Commission of India, Wellington is celebrating India’s Independence Day on Thursday, 15 AUGUST, 2019. All Indian Nationals / Persons of Indian origin / Friends of India are cordially invited to attend. Kindly reach the venue by 10.15 am
- 15th Aug: Indian Independence Day: Flag hoisting at Indian Embassy, Indian High Commission offices and various Indian associations across New Zealand
- 15th Aug: Indian Independence Day Flag Hoisting ceremony, 15th Aug 7.15am at Bombay Bazaar 328 Tuam St, Christchurch 8011
- 15th Aug: Auckland Museum lighting up in Indian flag tricolor on 15th Aug, 5pm onwards at Auckland Domain, Parnell. Free entry, food and fun, family event.
- 17th Aug: JAI HO, Indian Independence Day Bollywood Party, 17th Aug, 10pm till late at D4 ON ALLEN, 25 Allen street, Wellington. Tickets online $15, door sales $20. Organized by Privilege Bollywood.
- 24th Aug: Indian Independence program on 24th Aug, 5.30pm to 8.30pm at Mohoao Hall, Te Hapua Halswell Centre, 341 Halswell Rd, Halswell Christchurch 8025. Organized by Canterbury Indian Tamil Association. Ticket Adult $10, Children 5-12yr $5. Program followed by tasty Indian food.
Visit our upcoming events page for more information about the Indian Independence Day programs in New Zealand.
~ Jai Hind ~
indiansinnz.com 2019 Calendar covering all religious festivals, New Zealand National Holidays, Indian National Holidays, Selected Sports Events and Lunar day details (Hindu Tithi तिथी).
Monthly calendar is best viewed on larger screen (PC/Laptop/Tablet).
We bring you a unique blend of National (both New Zealand & Indian) and Religious calendar. The Indian / Hindu lunar day or tithi (तिथी) mentioned here are as per New Zealand time. When city is not mentioned, Auckland time is taken as standard time to calculate Sunrise-Sunset (सूर्योदय / सूर्यास्त समय), Moonrise-Moonset time (चंद्रोदय / चंद्रास्त समय). Please read our disclaimer below.
Hindu year Vikram Samvat (विक्रम संवत) 2076: from 6th April 2019 to 25th March 2020
Disclaimer: Though all the precautions are taken to calculate exact calendar / tithi as per New Zealand Time, there may be some differences. This may be because Sun Rise/Set and Moon Rise/Set timings differ at every place.
First day after no Moon day (अमावस्या) is considered here as first day of Hindu Month. This is called Amant Calendar (अमान्त पंचांग). In few parts of India first day of Hindu Month is considered on one day after Full Moon (पूर्णिमा) and the calendar is known as Purnimant Calendar (पूर्णिमान्त पंचांग). Only month name changes in these two methods. Tithi still remains the same. For example, if the tithi is Shukla paksh Chaturthi (शुक्ल पक्ष चतुर्थी), it remains same in both the methods.
We are committed to provide accurate information on our portal, however, we do not take any responsibility on accuracy of the calendar, events or Panchang published here. For more information about terms and conditions, please click here.
To submit correction or addition to this calendar / events, send an email to [email protected]