Krishna Janmashtami 2019 New Zealand
कृष्ण जन्माष्टमी 2019
Shri Krishna Janmashtami is popular festival in New Zealand. This year 2019 is 5245th birthday of Lord Krishna.
Ashtami / 8th Lunar day: Tithi from 23rd Aug 2.40pm (14.40Hrs) to 24th Aug 3.02PM (15.02Hrs) as per Auckland New Zealand time
Krishna Janmashtami is celebrated at all temples across New Zealand. click here to see list of temples in New Zealand. Most of the temples in New Zealand starts celebrating Shri Krishna Janma Ashtami about 5-7 days in advance with Bhagwad Paath, Katha, Prayers, Aarti and Kirtan.
Shri Krishn Janmastami Auckland Dahi Handi – MATKI PHOD MAHOTSAV AT AUCKLAND ON 25TH AUG ORGANIZED BY MAA DURGA TEMPLE, MANUKAU
- Swami Narayan Mandir, Papatoetoe: 10am
- BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir, Avondale: 11.30am
- Shirdi Sai Baba Mandir, Onehunga: 1pm
- Bhartiya Mandir, Sandringham: 2pm
- Maa Durga Temple, Manukau: 3.30pm
Free bus service provided. Please reach at Maa Durga Temple before 9am on 25th Aug.
Krishna Janmashtami 2019 New Zealand Events:
- ISKCON Kumeu: Sri Krishna Janmastami 2019 on 24th Aug 4.30pm till midnight at ISKCON Temple 1229 Coatesville-Riverhead Hwy Kumeu RD2, Auckland 0892. Kirtan, Aarti, Abhishek, Katha and prasadam (feast).
- Bhartiya Mandir: Srimad Bhagwat Katha, from 16th Aug to 23rd Aug, 7.30pm to 9pm and Krishna Janmashtami celebrations on 24th Aug till mid night at Bhartiya Mandir, 252-254 Balmoral Road Mt Albert Sandringham Auckland. Pooja, bhajan Kirtan, Katha, Garba utsav, Maha prasad from 6pm onwards on 24th Aug
- Maa Durga Temple: Srimad Bhagwat Katha and Krishna Jamnashtami Celebrations, from 17th Aug to 24rd Aug, 7pm to 8.30pm followed by maha prasad (feast) at Maa Durga Temple 4/3 Onslow Ave Manukau Auckland.
- Shri Ram Mandir: Krishna Janmashtami celebrations: Daily Katha, Arti, Prayers & Maha prasad (feast) from 16th Aug t0 24th Aug, 6pm onwards. 24th Aug till midnight Krishna Janm Mahotsav at Shri Ram Mandir, 11 Brick Street, Henderson, Auckland
- ISKCON Panmure Shri Krishn Janmastami Auckland, 11 Pleasant View Rd, Panmure, Auckland 1072
- Vaishnav Pariwar: Krishn Janmashtami celebrations organized by Vashnav Parivar Auckland
- Shiv Mandir: Krishna Janm-ashtami Katha from 16th Aug to 24th Aug, 7.30pm to 9pm followed by prasad (feast/meal) and celebration of lord Krishna’s appearance on 24th Aug 7.30pm till midnight at Shiv Mandir, 43 Holmes Road, Manurewa Auckland 2102
- Radha Krishna Temple, Shri Krishn Janmastami at Radha Krishna Temple Mahatma Gandhi Center, 145 New north Road, Eden Terrace, Auckland. Arti and celebrations on 24th Aug till midnight.
- Ram Krishn Mandir, 25 Onslow Ave, Manukau auckland. bhagwad katha, prayers, arti and maha prasad from 16th Aug to 24th Aug 6pm to 8.30pm
- Shri Shirdi Saibaba Sansthan of NZ: Shri Krishna Janmashtami Mahotsav celebrations on 24th aug, 7am till afternoon followed by maha prasad at 37 Selwyn St, Onehunga, Auckland (Please note this address as temple is under renovation till end of August 2019)
- Shree Sanatan Dharm Hanuman Mandir: Krishna Janmashtami from 17th Aug to 24th Aug bhagwat katha from 7.30pm to 9pm followed by aarti and maha prasad. Hawan and Krishna Janam celebration on 24th 9pm. At Shree Sanatan Dharm Hanuman Temple, 14/16 Bay Park Place, Beach Haven, North shore, Auckland
- ISKCON Christchurch, Hare Krishna Centre, 83 Bealey Avenue, Christchurch 8013
- Christchurch Fiji Association organized Krishn Janm Astami program from 16th Aug to 24th Aug 7pm onwards with prasaad at 9.35pm at Woolstan Community Hall (daily other than 19th Aug) and at Sanatan Hall on 19th Aug, Christchurch.
- ISKCON Hare Krishna Dunedin, on 24th Aug 7pm at 133 London Street Dunedin Otago
- Janmashtmi Celebrations, 24th Aug, 6pm onwards Janma Utsav followed by aarti, nitya niyam, raas and maha prasad organized by ISSO Hamilton Shree Swaminarayan Mandir at Wintec City Campus, Hall AI-04 Tristram Street Hamilton
- ISKCON Hamilton, 188 Maui Street, Pukete Industrial Estate, RD8 Terapa, Hamilton, Waikato
- Sanatan dharam Mandir, 108 Whiore Ave, Tauriko, Tauranga 3171. Celebrations and Jagran on 23rd Aug. Temple will be open full day.
- Sri Krishna Janmastami 2019 celebrations 24th Aug 4pm to midnight at 105 Newlands Rd, Newlands Wellington NZ. Organized by ISKCON Wellington. Balvikas perfornances, abhishek, kirtan, aarti, prayers, dance and prasad (feast)
- ISKCON Wellington Janmastmi Celebrations from 15th Aug to 24th Aug Jhulan Yatra from 11th to 15th Aug. Balram Purnima on 15th Aug. Janmastami on 24th Aug and Srila Prabhupada appearance day 25th Aug. Time 7pm to 9pm at ISKCON Temple, 105 Newlands Road, Newlands, Wellington. Radha-astami celebrations is on 6th Sep.
The celebrations of Krishna Janmashtami is till mid night in almost all the temples. Please check exact time on their website. The time mentioned above for Janmastami programs are New Zealand time. For your convenience we have provided published posters below.
Krishna Janmashtami 2019 New Zealand
Bhagavad Gita Chapter 4, Verse 7-8
The verse in English:
Meaning in Hindi:
हे भारत! जब-जब धर्म की हानि
और अधर्म की वृद्धि होती है, तब-तब मैं साकार रूप से प्रकट होता हूँ॥7॥
अच्छे पुरुषों का उद्धार करने के लिए, पाप कर्म करने वालों का विनाश करने के लिएऔर
धर्म की अच्छी तरह से स्थापना करने के लिए मैं युग-युग में प्रकट हुआ करता हूँ॥8॥
Meaning in English
And there is exaltation of unrighteousness, then I Myself come forth;