click here for upcoming Diwali & Dhan Teras muhurt
Dhan Teras Puja muhurat timings 2017 in New Zealand: Tuesday 17th Oct
Pradosh Kaal muhurat: 7.38pm to 9.24pm (as per 4 ghati Pradosh Kaal calculation)
Pradosh Kaal muhurat: 7.38pm to 10.02pm (as per 6 ghati Pradosh Kaal calculation)
Vrishabh Lagna Kaal muhurat: 9.56pm to midnight (Based on Sun in Tula rashi/Libra at Sunrise)
Muhurat / Puja / Auspicious timings are based on sunrise and sunset time at Auckland. Dhan Teras puja muhurat timings 2017 of other cities can be easily calculated based on above and checking the sun time difference of your city. Sunrise and Sunset timings courtesy: timeanddate.com.
Auckland: Sunrise: 6.34am, Sunset: 7.38pm.
We do not propose Choghadiya time for prayers as those are actually meant to see good time for travel / visit purposes.
Quick list of puja Samagri सामग्री / Stuff needed to for prayer preparations
- Idols / Photo frame of deities (Ganesh and Laxmi)
- Cloth (Red or similar is preferred)
- Deepak (Diya), Agarbatti (अगरबत्ती), Mud Diyas, Candles
- Plates to keep sweets, coins
- Panchamrat पंचाम्रत (ingredients: Milk, Ghee, Honey, Curd, Sugar)
- Fruits, Dry fruits, Nuts, Coconut
- Flowers, Durva grass (दूर्वा), Holy Basil / Tulsi (तुलसी)
- Water / Holy water
- Betel leaves / Betel Nuts सुपारी
- Red thread / decorative laces मोली
- Kumkum, Sandal paste, Turmeric powder कुमकुम, चंदन, हल्दी
- Cotton wicks for deepak/diya रूई बत्ती
- Match box
- Ghee for Arti deepak, oil for diyas
- Stool / Table / Pooja Chowki / Aasan. Even clean floor with some cover is fine to keep deiti and other puja samagri
- Aarti book (or aarti link on Internet)
We tried our best to make it simple yet informative as per our holy books.
Wishing you all Happy Dhan Teras. धन तेरस की शुभकामनाऐं
click here for Diwali Laxmi Puja muhurat, Puja vidhi and quick list of items required for puja
click here to know When is Dhan Teras 2018 and Diwali 2018 in New Zealand