- 31st May to 2nd June: MEERA, Musical Theatre, for the first time in New Zealand. Six shows: 31st May 2pm, 31st May 7pm, 1st Jun 2pm, 1st Jun 6pm, 2nd Jun 2pm and 2nd Jun 6pm at ASB Waterfront Theatre, 138 Halsey Street, Wynyard Quarter, Auckland 0800. This 16th century epic poetic story which will be adorned with the modern fabric of intelligent cinematography and latest technology is well set to become an epic stage show which will set ASB Waterfront Theatre on fire. Buy Tickets
- 1st June: IFTARI on 1st June, 5pm at Jamia Masjid Al Mustafa, 26 Mangere Road, Otahuhu Auckland
- 1st June – 3rd June: Sangeethothsavam (Sangeet-Utsavam) 2019, Three days Carnatic Music Festival. at Orange Primary School Hall, 21 Rangipawa Rd One Tree Hill Auckland. Organized by New Zealand Carnatic Music Academy. Check NZCMS.org or FB page for more info.
- 2nd June: DJ Frenzy Live in Auckland, 2nd Jun 10pm to late night 3am at Pointers, 2 Lower Hobson st, 1010 Auckland. Tickets $29-$89.
- 3rd June: Shani Jayanti prayers pooja, abhishek and maha prasad on 3rd June, 7pm onwards at Ram Krishn Mandir, 25 Onslow Avenue Papatoetoe Auckland.
- 4th June: Chand Raat Celebrations on 4th June, 7pm to 11pm at Zayed College for girls, 44 Westney Road , Mangere, Auckland, New Zealand 2022. Organized by Pakistan Association of New Zealand.
- 6th June: NZ EID Day 2019, Eid Al-Fitr Prayer and Celebration on Eid day (as per announcement) from 8.30am to 4pm at Eden Park Stadium, Auckland
- 5th June OR 6th June: Eid Al Fitr prayers, on 5th or 6th June, 7 am onwards Jamia Masjid Al Mustafa, 26 Mangere Road, Otahuhu, Auckland
- 5th – 9th June: Ram Mandir Paat Utsav पाटोत्सव, 4th anniversary celebrations from 5th June to 9th June at Shri Ram Mandir, 11 Brick Street, Henederson Auckland
- 8th June: Rabindra, Nazrul, Sukanto Sondhya on 8th June, 7pm onwards at Spotlight Theatre, Tavern Lane, Papatoetoe, Auckland. Entry free. Organized by Probasee Bengalee Association of New Zealand
- 13th June: Gayatri Jayanti Celebrations, 13th June 6pm at Gita Mandir, Bharat Bhawan 48 Kemp St Kilbirnie Wellington
- 13th June: Workshop on New Zealand Biosecurity / quarantine rules -and how to communicate to friends/family in India, on 13th June, 7pm to 8pm at Wellington Indian Association Inc, 48 Kemp St Kilbirnie Wellington
- 15th June: TAMASHA Bollywood party, dance and DJ on 15th June, 10pm till 3am at Skycity, Corner Victoria and Federal Streets, Auckland 1010. Organized by Bollywood Club.
- 15th June: Mid-Winter Social Night on 15th Jun, 6.30pm onwards at 19 St Johns Road, Woolston Sanatan Hall, Christchurch. Organized by Christchurch Fiji Association. Admission $10 which includes dinner. Children under 12 goes free. Enjoy Dance, Gazal, Karaoke and more. Kava, chips, juice etc on sale.
- 15th June – 28th June: YOGATHON NZ, Sun Salutation (Surya Namaskar) and Yoga, 14 days all over New Zealand starting 15th June 10am to 12noon at Bhartiya Mandir Community Hall, 258 Balmoral Road, Sandringham Auckland 1025. Hosted by Yogathon NZ – Health for Humanity. Register free.
- 16th June: High Commission of India coordially invites all to celebrate the International Day of Yoga on Sunday, 16th June 2019 from 10.30am to 11.30 at Bharat Bhavan 48 Kemp St, Kilbirnie, Wellington 6022. Please bring your yoga mat. Entry free.
- 16th June: Mega celebration of 5th International Yoga Day on 16th Jun, 9.30am to 11.30am at Mahatma Gandhi Centre, 145 New North Road, Eden Terrace, Auckland. Please bring Yoga mat. Juice, tea & snacks will be available free. Supported by all major diaspora organizations.
- 14th to 16th June: Hatha Yoga Programme, 14th to 16th June 2019 at Shanti Niwas Seniors Centre, 14 Spring Street, Onehunga, Auckland. (14th June: 6pm to 9.30pm, 15th & 16th June 5pm to 8.30pm).
- 16th June: International Yoga Day on 16th Jun, 9am to 11am at Ormiston Senior College, 275 Ormiston Road Flat Bush Manukau Auckland. Explore Ashtang Yoga, Kundalini Yoga and Hath Yoga. Please bring Yoga mat, rubber souled shoes and water bottle. Organized by India Association (Manukau) New Zealand. Free family event.
- 21st to 23rd June: Akhand Path on the occasion of Parkash Purab of Guru Hargobind Sahib ji. Akhand paath from 21st June morning 9am to 23rd June 11am followed by kirtan and Guru ka langar (feast) at Wellington Gurudwara Sahib, 4-10 Vogel Street, Naenae, Lower Hutt, Lower Hutt City.
- 22nd June: International Yoga Day Celebration Auckland 2019, on 22nd June at Mt Albert War Memorial Hall (Rocket Park) 773 New North Road, Auckland. Organized by Medidation New Zealand. Entry cost $10 (proceeds will support this event and Meditation New Zealand’s Free Prison and Community Programs) or free entry with a community services card.
- 22nd June: Mardi Gras 2019: Ohakune, 22nd Jun, 5pm till mid night at Thames Street, Ohakune. click here for tickets. Presented by Audiology and ZM. Age restriction 18+.
- 22nd June: Saili (साइँली), Nepali Movie. Screening in Auckland on 22nd June, 7pm to 9.30pm at Hollywood Avondale, 20 St. Georges Road Avondale auckland. Ticket $20 (General) and $15 (Student). Buy ticket on aafnoticket.com (Fund raising event)
- 22nd June: Maa Bhagwati Jagran (Full night prayers) on 22nd Jun 7pm to 23rd Jun 6am at Maa Durga Temple 4/3 Onslow Ave Manukau. Starting with maha prasad (feast). All are welcome.
- 23rd June: Mardi Gras 2019: Queenstown, 23rd Jun, 5pm till mid night at Coronet Peak, Queenstown. Click here for tickets. Presented by Audiology, ZM and Coronet Peak. Age restriction 18+
- 23rd June: World Yoga Day celebration, 23rd June 11am to 12.30pm at Waitakere Hindi School-West Wing, 29 Rathgar Road, Auckland 0612. Entry Free.
- 24th June: Career Guidance Workshop on 24th June 6.30pm to 8.30pm at St Johns Anglican Church Hall, 6 Chandler Ave, Royal Oak Auckland. Organized by Auckland Malayali Samajam
- 28th – 29th – 30th June: Shakti: The Universal Energy, A dynamic dance work in celebration of women and their strength on 28th Jun 7.30pm to 9.30pm, 29th Jun 7.30pm to 9.30pm, 30th June 4pm to 6pm at Little Theatre, 2 Queens Dr, Lower Hutt, Wellington Region. Buy tickets Organized by Mudra Dance Company
- 28th – 29th – 30th June: Bhartiya Mandir Patotsav. 28th June: Bhajan Sandhya & Mata ki chowki 5pm onwards. 29th June: Cultural evening 4pm onwards. 30th June: Patotsav Yagna from 10am followed by maha prasad (feast). All are welcome. Location: Bhartiya Mandir, 252-254 Balmoral Road, Mt Albert, Auckland.
- 29th June: Suryaputra – Karna (सूर्यपुत्र कर्ण), Musical Dance Drama (story is based on the Indian epic that extols the life of Karna and times of Lord Krishna) on 29th Jun, 6pm to 9pm at Dorothy Winston Centre, Auckland Girls’ Grammar School, Gate 2, 16 Howe St, Newton, Auuckland. Tickets $25. Organized by Anuradha’s School of Indian Dances. Performance by over 80 students of the school.
- 29th June: Bollywood Factor Talent Search 2019, on 29th June, 7pm to 11pm at Manurewa Netball Centre, 95 Browns Road, Auckland 2102. This show provides the platform for our young professional, amateur, upcoming and aspiring bollywood talents who wants to make career in singing, dancing, performance, modeling, fasion, glamour etc. For ths first time witness the battle between giants from Fiji, New Zealand, Australia and India.
- 30th June: Rock-n-Raaga, An Indian Musical Extravaganza featuring Ronkini Gupta on 30th Jun, 6.30pm at Dorothy Winstone Centre, 16 Howe St Auckland. Tickets available on ticketbazaar.co.nz and Yogijis Food Mart and Lotus Supermarket
5th to 8th July: 2019 Australia & New Zealand Buddhist Youth Conference, 5th Jul to 8th Jul, 9am to 5pm at Fo Ghang Shan Buddhist Temple, 16 Stancombe Road, Flat Bush, Auckland 2016
6th July: Sonu Nigam Live in Concert, with live orchestra 6th Jul, 7pm to 11pm at Logan Cambell Centre, 217 Greenlane Rd West, Epsom, Auckland, New Zealand 1051. Tickets: $59-$100.
6th July: Sudarshana Jayanthi celebrations on 6th July from 10am to afternoon at Sri Balaji Temple, 2 Kent Street, Frankton, Hamilton
6th July: Kalolsavam 2019, cultural program on 6th Jul 8.30am onwards at Blockhouse Bay Community Centre, 524 Blockhouse Bay Rd, Blockhouse Bay, Auckland. Organized by Auckland Malayali Samajam
6th July: Canterbury Tamil Society’s Mid-Winter Celebrations, 6th July, 6pm to 9pm at Templeton Community Centre, 64 Kirk Road, Templeton, Christchurch 8042. Free admission, open to all. Bring a plate of vegetarian food to share.
20th July: Bombay Talkies: Horn-OK-Please (DJ and Bollywood Dance party) on 20th Jul from 11.30 till 4am at The Chamberlain, 52 Tyler Street, Auckland 1010.
20th July: Sounds of India 2019 on 20th July 6.30pm to 10pm (doors open at 6pm), featuring Sitar Maestro Dhruv Bedi accompanied on tabla by Basant Madhur and Akhil Madhur. At Dorothy Winston Centre, Auckland Girls Grammer School, Gate 2, 16 Howe St, Auckland. Ticket $30 (Reserved numbered sitting) and $20 for general admissions.
26th July: Arabian Night: Experience a night in the Middle-East with your family, friends & colleagues on 26th July 5.30pm onwards at Top of the Park, Alexandra Park, Corner of Green Lane West and Manukau Road, Auckland 1051. Organizer of the event ‘Alexandra Park’ are are extremely excited to host the first ever Arabian Night! Let your senses get carried into a world of rich culture and mystical wonder, whilst the all-you-can-eat buffet transports your taste buds to the Middle-East Book online
27th July: Harbhajan Mann Live in Auckland on 27th Jul, 7pm to 10pm at Vodafone Events Centre, 770 Great South Road, Manukau, Auckland 2014.
27th July: Miss India Worldwide NZ 2019 and Mrs India NZ 2019 on 27th Jul 6pm onwards at Papakura Auckland. Ticket $35 to $45
27th July: Stand up comedy show Manish Tyagi LIVE on 27th Jul, 6.30pm at St Cuthbert’s College, 122 Market Road, Epson Auckland. Buy tickets online
9th Aug: The Kiwi-Indian Hall of Fame Award – 2019, 9th Aug at CORDIS, Auckland.
10th Aug: Indi King Dance Plus Superstars featuring Punit Pathak with Chetan Salunkhe, Piyush and Shazia on 10th Aug, 5.30pm to 10.30pm at Victory Convention Centre, 98 Beaumont St Freemans Bay Auckland 1010.
16th Aug to 23rd Aug: Srimad Bhagwat Katha, from 16th Aug to 23rd Aug, 7.30pm to 9pm at Bhartiya Mandir, 252-254 Balmoral Road Mt Albert Sandringham Auckland
24th Aug: Sri Krishna Janmastami 2019 Maha Abhishek on 24th Aug at ISKCON Temple 1229 Coatesville-Riverhead Hwy Kumeu RD2, Auckland 0892.
24th Aug: Janmashtmi Celebrations, 24th Aug, 6pm onwards Janma Utsav followed by aarti, nitya niyam, raas and maha prasad organized by ISSO Hamilton Shree Swaminarayan Mandir at Wintec City Campus, Hall AI-04 Tristram Street Hamilton
24th Aug: Shri Krishna Janmashtami Celebration, 24th Aug, 6pm onwards till mid night. Pooja, bhajan Kirtan, Katha, Garba utsav. Maha prasad from 6pm onwards at bhartiya Mandir, 252-254 Balmoral Road Mt Albert Sandringham Auckland
31st Aug: “Teej Together” Teej (3rd lunar day) festival on 31st aug 6pm to 10pm at Freeman’s Bay Community Hall, 52 Hepburn St Ponsonby auckland 1011. Hosted by New Zealand Nepal society
5th Oct: Multi cultural Diwali Festival 2019, 5th Oct, 12noon to 8pm organized by Auckland Indian Retailers association, Papatoetoe Maukau 2025 New Zealand
12th & 13th Oct: Auckland Diwali Festival 2019, from 12th Oct 12noon to 13th Oct 9pm at Aotea Square, 291-297 Queen Street, Auckland 1010. Click here to know more
19th Oct: The majestic KK (Krishnakumar Kunnath), live concert in Auckland on 19th Oct, from 7.30pm at Logan Campbell Centre, 217 Greenland Rd West Auckland. Organized by PAL production and 4U Entertainment NZ.
We try to cover upcoming Indian events in New Zealand of all the types (Music, Dance, Yoga, Gathering etc) and of all the religions (Baishakhi, Budhha Purnima, Christmas, Diwali, Easter, Eid, Holi, Janmashtami, Lohri, Mahavir Jayanti, Maha Shivratri, Karwa Chauth, Parsi New Year, Ram Navmi and many more).
Please contact us if you wish to submit correction or addition to this calendar / events.