Looking for upcoming Maha Shivratri programs
MAHA SHIVRATRI 2018 IN NEW ZEALAND
Maha Shivaratri this year falls on 13th and 14th Feb 2018 (Coincidentally this year 13th Lunar day is on 13th Feb and 14th Lunar day is on 14th Feb). Maha Shivratri is celebrated on:13th and 14th Lunar day of Krishna Paksh कृष्ण पक्ष (Period of Fading / Waning moon) in Amant Maagh (Magha माघ) / Purnimant Falgun (फाल्गुन) lunar month
Maha shivratri 2018 New Zealand (महा शिव रात्रि) Celebrations:
- Maha Shivaratri Puja, 13th Feb 2018, 7.30pm-10.30pm at 48 Kemp Street, Wellington 6022. Organized by Wellington Indian Association Inc.
- Kurinchi Kumaran Temple, 3 Batchelor Street, Newlands, Wellington. Shiv ratri pooja and abhishek.
- Sanatan Dharam Mandir, 108 Whiore Ave, Tauriko, Tauranga. Temple will be open all day on 13th Feb 2018 for Lord Shiva pooja and abhishek
- Shivratari Pooja, Lord Shiv, 14th Feb, 6pm onwards at 63 Creightons Road, Clevedon, New Zealand
- Maha Shivaraathri Homam (Yagna) and Abhishek, 13th Feb 2018, 6.30pm onwards at Sri Balaji Temple, 2 Kent Street, Frankton, Hamilton
- Auckland Area:
- Maha Shivratri Celebrations, at Sanatan Dharam Hanuman Mandir, 14-16 Bay Park Place, Beach Haven, Northshore, Auckland. Shiv Katha from 12th Feb to 14th Feb. Temple will be open on 14th Feb full day with hawan and aarti from 7.30pm.
- Maha Shivaratri Celebrations, 13th Feb 2018, Char Prahr Puja (चार प्रहर पूजा) starting 7.30pm at Shiv Mandir, Manurewa, followed by feast (maha prasad)
- Maha Shivaratri Celebration, 13th Feb 2018, Maha Roodra Abhishek Pooja (महा रूद्र अभिषेक पूजा) 7.45pm-9.15pm followed by Maha Prasad (Feast). Shri Shiv Puran Katha from 7 Feb to 13th Feb from 7.30-9.15. At Bhartiya Mandir, Balmoral Road (Sandringham), Auckland
- Samuhik (सामूहिक / Group) Maha Shivratri Pooja, 13th Feb 2018, 8pm onwards, Radha Krishna Temple, 145 North Road, Auckland City
- Maha Sivarathiri Puja, 13th Feb 2018 at Sri Ganesh Temple, No 4 Dent Place, Papakura Auckland. First Jama puja and shiva lingam abhishek started 13th Feb 9pm with Rudrabhishek. 2nd Jama puja & annabishekam:11pm, 3rd Jama puja and abhishek: 1.15am (14th Feb), 4th Jama puje and abhishek: 4am (14th Feb)
- Maha Shivratri Celebrations, 14th Feb 2018, 7pm to 5am of 15th Feb Char Prahr Puja (चार प्रहर पूजा) at Shri Ram Mandir, 11 Brick St, Henderson, Auckland.
- Maha Sivarathiri Pooja, 14th Feb, 6pm to 15th Feb 6am at Thirumurugan Temple, 145 Church Street, Otahuhu, Auckland. Following four pooja’s will be offered to Lord Shiva (Siva)
14th Feb: First Kala Pooja – 6pm – 9pm, Second Kala Pooja – 9pm – 12 midnight
15th Feb: Third Kala Pooja – 12 midnight – 3am, Fourth Kala Pooja – 3am – 6am
- Maha Shivaratri Celebrations, 14th Feb 2018, Abhishek from 10am-11am; Chaturyami Pooja Abhishek from 8.30pm till 5.30am next day (चतुर्यामी पूजा अभिषेक – Fruit फल / Grain अन्न / Rudra रूद्र / Bhasm / Ash भस्म abhishek) at Shri Shirdi Saibaba Mandir, 12-18 Princess Street, Onehunga, Auckland.
- Thiru Subramaniyar Aalayam Temple, 69 Tidal Road, Mangere, Auckland. Lord Siva pojai and abhishekam.
- Shiv Ratri – Shiv Katha (शिव कथा) 2018, 12th Feb to 14th Feb: 3 day Shiv Katha, kirtan after programme. Monday and Wednesday and Faag on Tuesday at 124 Alfriston Road, Manurewa.
Tithi: Krishna Paksh Triyodashi (Teras / कृष्ण पक्ष तेरस / त्रियोदशी) / 13th Lunar day: From 13th Feb 3.35am till 14th Feb 6.04am
Tithi: Krishna Paksh Chaturdashi (Chaudas / कृष्ण पक्ष चौदस / चतुर्दशी) / 14th Lunar day: From 14th Feb 6.05am till 15th Feb 8.16am