Dear Viewers: HOLI celebrations scheduled after 15th March 2019 across New Zealand are either cancelled or limited to only Prayers to show solidarity with our fellow New Zealanders who suffered due to Christchurch tragedy.
HOLI होली festival is celebrated on full moon day (Purnima) of Falgun month as per Indian calendar. This is a two days festival, first day evening is burning of Holika the devil and second day is the color festival. Thus this festival is also known as Festival of Colours.
Holi 2019 Festival of Colors / Colour Fun events and celebrations in New Zealand
- Holi Christchurch – Festival of Colors, on 2nd Feb, 10am to 4pm at North Hagley Park Events Village, Rolleston Ave, Christchurch. Entry Free, suitable for all age group.
- Holi Wellington Colour Fest 2019 on 9th Feb, 11am to 4pm at Frank Kitts Park, Jervois Quay, Wellington 6011. The Festival of Colour and Celebration for all age group. click here for ticket info.
- HOLI 2K19: New Zealand’s largest Holi (color) Festival at ISKCON Hare Krishna Temple on 10th Feb 2019, 12noon to 5pm at 1229 Coatesville-Riverhead Highway, Auckland, New Zealand 0892. Free entry, Free parking.
- Holi 2019 – Auckland Colour Festival, 9th Mar, 12noon to 7pm at Mt Smart Stadium, 2 Beasley Ave Penrose Auckland 1061. Free entry, open for all
- Holika Dahan programs with Pooja (prayers), kamydy pyre, burning of Holika are held in most of the temples across New Zealand: 20th Mar evening. Click here to see list of Temples in New Zealand
- 21st Mar: Dhulandi or Dhuleti or Dhuli Vandan or Paying with Colors is celebrated a day after Holika Dahan. Various programs are organized across most of the temples in New Zealand where Gulal or flowers are used to celebrate Dhulandi or Dhuleti.
- Waitakere Indian Association Holi 2019 (#WIAHoli19) on 24th Mar, 10am to 6pm at Trusts Arena, Henderson, Auckland. PROGRAM CANCELLED
- Shelly Park Colour Run Fun 2019, 7th Apr 1pm to 3pm at Sunnyview Avenue, Shelly Park, Auckland. Ticket $20. One km obstacle course around school ground and passing through seven colur zones.
- Botany Downs Colour Fun Run / BDS Color Fun Run 2019, 7th Apr, 11am to 2pm at Botany Downs Primary, 35 Mirrabooka Ave, Auckland 2010.
HOLI Calendar / Tithi / Panchang information:
- Holashtak begins: 14th March 2019
- Holika Dahan होलिका दहन (Kamudy Pyre), Choti Holi, burning of Holika the devil: Wednesday, 20th March evening (Usually 7.30pm onwards)
- Falgun Chaumasi Chaudas फाल्गुन चौमासी चौदस (Chaturdashi / Chaudas / 14th Lunar day) tithi from 19th Mar 9.49pm (21.49Hrs) to 20th Mar 6.15pm (18.15Hrs) as per Auckland time
- Poornima, Full Moon day, Panguni Uthiram, Vasant Purnima, Dol Purnima, Dol Jatra, Falgun Purnima (Pournami): tithi from 20th Mar 6.16pm (18.16Hrs) to 21st Mar 2.42pm (14.42Hrs) as per Auckland time
- Playing with colours, धुलन्डी Dhulandi, Dhulivandan, Dhuleti: Thursday, 21st Mar
- Rang Panchami: 25th Mar
- Shitala Saptami: 27th Mar
~ HAPPY HOLI ~
HOLI 2K19: New Zealand’s largest Holi (color) Festival at ISKCON Hare Krishna Temple on 10th Feb 2019, 12noon to 5pm at 1229 Coatesville-Riverhead Highway, Auckland, New Zealand 0892. Free entry, Free parking.