Indian Recipe: Churma Laadu / Laddu
Ganpati Naivedya Laddu
गणपती प्रसाद लाडू / चूरमे के लड्डू
Category: Indian Dessert
Servings: 6 to 8
- Wholewheat Flour(coarse) -2 cup
- 1/2 cup milk or water
- 2tblspoon Besan
- 3/4 cup ghee (clarified butter
- 1/2 cup jaggery or3/4th cup sugar
- 1/4th teaspn-elaichi powder
- 1/4th cup of sliced nuts(cashew, almonds and Pistachio
- 1tspn khus khus (poppy seeds) (optional)
To make Indian Churma Laadu Recipe add wholewheat flour, besan (बेसन) and 2 tablespoon of melted ghee (घी) in a mixing bowl. Mix well with fingers to get crumb like texture. Then add milk and knead into hard dough, be careful to add milk slowly, Let it rest for 15 minutes. Then make small balls out of the dough and press the dough with thumb impressions. Heat the remaining ghee in a Kadhai (wok) and fry on medium flame till golden and crisp.
Let the dough balls cool. Grind them in a mixer. They should have a coarse texture after grinding. Seive this with a siever. Now you will have the churma in a powder form.
Now to this, add jaggery गुड (grated), elaichi (इलायची) powder, nuts and Raisins.
Lastly, add the left over warm ghee used for the frying and mix very well. Form small balls and roll them in khus khus.
- Use coarse wheat flour for grainy texture. If coarse flour is not available, add a tablespoon of semolina (rava रवा).
- If you want to avoid frying in ghee, you can Bake the dough balls instead of frying (around 40 minutes on 160 degrees). Though they will not be soft as the fried ones but it is good if you want to avoid too much of ghee.
- Instead of grated jaggery (gud / गुड) , you can melt jaggery with ghee in a microwave and add it (be careful as this may be very hot).
- These ladoos have a shelf life of 7 days (in cool climate)
- Rice Kheer Recipe
- Indian Recipe – Aate ka Halwa आटे का हलवा (Wholewheat flour Pudding)
- Amazing Indian Food, Get to know more
- Dhokla Recipe
- Indian Green chutney
Churma Laadu / Laddu