Recipe of Green Chutney / Sandwich Chutney / Coriander Chutney
हरी चटनी / सेंडवीच चटनी / पुदिना चटनी
Cuisine: Indian (Dip or accompaniment)
Serving: 1 small bowl
- 1 cup: ( tightly packed) cleaned and washed coriander/ cilantro leaves
- 1 inch: Ginger chopped
- 3-4: Green chilies( you can take more if you want it spicy)
- 1 Tablespoon: Roasted peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon: Roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon: Salt
- Juice of half lemon
- Spoonful of water to adjust consistency
Mix all the above ingredients and blend it into a smooth paste. Ready to use with Indian snacks like Pakora पकोड़ा, Dhokla ढोकला and Chaat चाट and as a sandwich spread. Store it in an airtight container in the fridge. Stays good for 3-4 days (depending upon weather).
- You can add garlic if you like.
- You can add some cucumber to increase the quantity (but will have to be used up the same day).
- If you do not have lemon you can add 1/2 teaspoon of chat masala to make it tangy.