DIWALI 2018 FESTIVAL IN NEW ZEALAND
न्यूजीलैंड दिपावली 2018
- Sunday 4th Nov: Rama Ekadashi रमा एकादशी, Govatsa Dwadashi गोवत्स द्वादशी, Vasu Baras वसु बारस
- Monday 5th Nov: Dhan Teras धन तेरस (click here for Tithi and Dhan Teras Puja Muhurat time for Auckland)
- Tuesday 6th Nov: Roop Chaudas रूप चौदस, Kaali Chaturdashi काली चौदस (Tithi from 6th Nov morning 7.15am to 7th Nov morning 5.55am Auckland Time)
- Wednesday 7th Nov: Diwali/Deepawali, Laxmi Pujan, Narak Chaturdashi दीपावली (click here for Tithi and Lakshmi Puja Muhurt time for Auckland)
- Thursday 8th Nov: Nootan Varsh (New Year), Goverdhan Puja (Govardhan Pooja) गोवर्धन पूजा
- Friday 9th Nov: Bhai Dooj (Bhaiya Dooj) भाई दूज
- Wednesday 14th Nov: Chhat Puja छट पूजा
- Friday 23rd Nov: Dev Diwali देव दिवाली
Diwali / Deepavali 2018 Celebrations in New Zealand:
Programs in November 2018
- Sanatan Dharam Hanuman Mandir organized Diwali Celebrations 2018 on 3rd Nov, 7.30pm onwards. Kirtan and Dandiya Raas followed by Arti and Mahaprasad (Feast) at 14/16 Bay Park Place, Brach Haven, North Shore, Auckland
- Diwali Celebrations 2018 on 3rd Nov, 4pm to 11.30pm organized by Gujarati Pariwar, Waikato
- Wesley Market Diwali 2018, 6th Nov 7.30am to 1pm at 740 Sandringham Rd, Mt Roskill, Auckland
- Annakut Utsav 2018 अन्नकूट उत्सव, on 10th Nov, 6pm onwards followed by Mahaprasad at Wintec City Campus, Hall A1.04 Tristram Street, Hamilton. Organized by ISSO Hamilton
- Annakut अन्नकूट 2018 on 11th Nov, 1pm to 5pm organized by Vaishnav Parivar Auckland New Zealand
- The Red Elephant Diwali 2018 Charity Dinner, on 10th Nov, 5.30pm onwards at Bharat Bhavan, 48 Kemp Street Wellington. Tickets $30. Organized by Wellington Indian Association.
- Govardhan Puja & Snan Yatra, 10th Nov 5pm – 9.30pm at ISKCON Hare Krishna Temple, 1229 Coatesville-Riverhead Highway, Auckland, 0892. Aarti, Prayers, Prasadam (Feast)
- Deepavali Celebrations with Dinner “Chill with Chinni” on 17th Nov, 5.45pm to 8.30pm at Freeman’s Bay Community Hall, 52 Hepburn Road, Auckland City. Cultural show with Chinni and local artists, even organized by Auckland Tamil Association. Ticket $20.
- Skandha Sasti Festival 2018 (Skanda Shasti, Soora Samharam, Thiru Kalyanam for Thiru Subramaniyar) from 7th Nov to 16th Nov at Thiru Subramaniyar Aalayam, 69 Tidal Road, Mangere, Auckland
Program in October 2018 (or prior)
- Northland Diwali Festival 2018 on 13th Oct 11am onwards at Forum North, 7 Rust Ave Whangarei. Organized by Northland Indian Association and supported by Whangarei District Council. Entry fee NZ$12 which includes food and entertainment. Program: Mela & Lunch from 11am to 1pm. Cultural performances from 1pm to 4pm. For more info firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets available at Shiraz Indian Restaurant 58 Walton St or 571 Kamo Road Whangarei.
- Auckland Diwali Festival 2018, 20th and 21st Oct 2018 at Aotea Square, Queens Street, Auckland, New Zealand. Vegetarian Food Stalls, Kids performances, Adult Performances, Fireworks display and stalls to buy attractive Indian traditional and other stuff.
- Diwali 2018 with SMVS New Zealand – Swaminarayan Mandir Vasna Sanstha, on 20th & 21st Oct, 12noon to 9pm at 13 May Road, Mount Roskill, Auckland, New Zealand 0600. Delicious Indian vegetarian food stalls
- Waikato Diwali Festival, 20th Oct 12.30pm to 8.30pm at Waikato Migrant Resource Centre, Boundary Road, Hamilton, New Zealand 3214. Food Stalls, Kids performances, Adult Performances, Fireworks display.
- Puketapapa (Mt Roksill) Diwali 2018, 26th Oct from 6.30pm onwards at Mt Roskill Grammer School Hall, Frost Road, Mt Roskill, Auckland. Free entry. Art, Craft and Food stalls, cultural performances and fun. Free entry. All profits made from this event will be donated to Mt Roskill Waterbase Hockey Turf.
- Hare Krishna Diwali 2018, 27th Oct, 4pm to 8pm at ISKCON Temple, 1229 Coatesville-Riverhead Hwy, Kumeu, Auckland 0892. Food stall with vegetarian and vegan options. Free entry, Free parking
- Ayodhya Diwali 2018, Celebrations on 27th Oct, at 60, Shirley Road, Shirley. Entry $10 incl meal. Organized by Christchurch Fiji Association.
- Wellington Diwali Festival 2018, on 28th Oct, 1.30pm to 9.30pm at TSB Arena and Shed 6 Venues Wellington. Enjoy vegetarian Indian dishes, performances, dances, interactive activities, pop-up acts, art & craft stalls and lots of fun. Brought to you by Wellington City Council. Visit catnz.org.nz to participate and get more info.
- Diwali 2018 Celebrations organized by Waitakere Indian Association on 28th Oct 2018, from 10.30am till 10pm at Trust Arena, Henderson, Auckland. Visit Associations facebook page or website for more details. Food stalls open 11am, performances from 12noon onwards. Fireworks display 9.45pm.
- Papatoetoe Diwali Mela, 31st Oct, 11am-2pm at Eric Baker Place, Papatoetoe, Auckland. Main performer Comedian Raju Srivastav. Free entry. Organized by Auckland Indian Retailers Association (AIRA)
Wishing you all a very happy and prosperous Diwali
Diwali is also known as Deepawali, Deepavli, Deepavali, Divali