Past Events of 2018 in New Zealand
2018 Past Events New Zealand: We show past event for reference and for new comers to know what type of Indian events are held in New Zealand.CLICK HERE FOR UPCOMING EVENTS
Queenstown New Year Eve: 31st Dec 7pm to 1st Jan 2019 1 AM, Queenstown Lake Front. Free to attend for all age group. Liquor ban.
Christmas Special Prayers and Carols in your nearest Church and Chapels
Christmas Market, Celebrations, Carols and lot more in your nearby community center or parks across New Zealand.
Thiruvathirai Arudra Darshanam on 23rd Dec 6pm Thiru Subramaniyar Aalayam, 69 Tidal Road, Mangere, Auckland.
Vaikuntha Ekadashi Pooja on 18th Dec 6pm at Thiru Subramaniyar Aalayam, 69 Tidal Road, Mangere, Auckland.
End of Year Xmas Party, 16th Dec, 5pm to 9pm at Bhakti Lounge 175 Vivian Street, Wellington
Tamil Society Waikato Christmas Party, 16th Dec, 6pm to 8pm at The Hillcrest Chapel, 122 Masters Avenue, Hillcrest Hamilton
Fiji Hungama Show on 15th Dec, 7pm to mid night at Manurewa Netball Centre, 95 Browns Road, Auckland 2102. Music and Dance and more.
Ek Tamasha Night, 15th Dec, 7.30pm – 11.30pm at Vedic Centre Papatoetoe, 32 Glassglow Avenue, Auckland 2104. Ticket for $10, under 5 kids goes free.
Ayyappan Pooja / Vilaku, on 15th Dec, Puja starts 5pm at Ganesh Temple, 4 Dent Place, Papakura, Auckland. Bhajans in Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada.
Fiji Festival on 9th Dec, 12noon-7pm at Vodafone Event Center, 770, Great North Road, Manukau, Auckland. Enjoy Food, Dance, Stalls and amusements.
Big Fat Bollywood Christmas Party, 8th Dec, 9pm till late, 9pm till late (2am) at UV9 Fusion Restaurant and Bar, 9-11 Blair Street, Te Aro, Wellington 6011. Ticket $10 upto 11pm and $20 from 11pm till late.
Coca-Cola Christmas in the Park – Auckland, 8th Dec 7.30pm to 10.30pm at Auckland Domain. Multi-cultural showcase of talented singers, dancers and musicians, as well as FIREWORKS at our FREE outdoor Christmas party!
Christchurch Fiji Association Christmas party (for Members & invited guests) on 8th Dec, 5.30pm to 9pm at Shirley Intermediate School Hall, 60 Shirley Road, Shirley. Social activities, Dance, Music, Distribution of sweets, Dinner
Global Christmas, multi-cultural event of carols, dances, light displays, trees, decorations, stories, artefacts and food on 8th Dec, 5pm to 9pm at Ray Blank Park, Maidstone Rd, Ilam, Christchurch. Entry free for all ages
The Legends of Shiva – A Unique Stage Production Hosted by Chinmaya Mission New Zealand from 7th to 9th Dec at Auckland Girls’ Grammer School, Gate 2, 16 Howe St, Newton, Auckland. Timings: 7th & 8th Dec: 7.30pm onwards. 9th Dec: 2pm.
Queens St Rath Yatra (Chariot Festival / Ratha Yatra) on 8th Dec, 11am-3pm starting from Fort St, Auckland CBD organized by ISKCON Temple Auckland
Farmers Santa Parade 2018, NOW on 2nd Dec. Parade starts at 1pm and ends around 2.30pm, followed by Santa’s Party at Aotea Square, Auckland from 2.30 to 5.30pm. Click here to know more about parking, transport, change due to weather etc.
Christchurch Santa Parade 2018, 2nd Dec starting at 2pm from corner of Madras St and St Asaph St Christchurch. click here to know more
Celebrating Guru Nanak Devji’s birth anniversary Guru Ka Langar (Food and beverages) by Guru Nanak’s Free Kitchen on 24th Nov, 4pm to 7pm at Griffiths Garden, 42 Wellesley St W, Auckland CBD. All are welcome to bring sweets.
Wellington: A Very Welly Christmas, 24th Nov (12 noon to 6pm) and 25th Nov (12noon – 5pm) and carols at Midland Park on 24th Nov 6pm-8pm at Wellington. It carries on the Santa Parade’s tradition on with a bespoke parade forming part of a two-day festivities. click here to know more
Tulsi Saligram Vivah celebrations in New Zealand:
- Tulsi Vivah Celebrations followed by Maha Prasad (Feast), 17th Nov, 4pm to 9pm at WINTEC City Campus, Block A, Room number A1-04, Hamilton. Organized by Shree Swami Narayan Hindu Temple ISSO, Hamilton
- Wellington Indian Association Gita Mandir, 19th Nov, 5.30pm at 48 Kemp Street, Wellington, NZ
- Bharatiya Mandir & Radha Krishna Mandir joint program at Bhartiya Mandir, 252 Balmoral Road, Auckland on 20th Nov, 7.45pm followed by maha prasad (feast dinner)
- Shree Sanatan Dharan Hanuman Mandir, 14/16 Bay Park Place, Beach Haven, North Shore, Auckland on 20th Nov, 7.30pm to 9pm followed by Arti and Mahaprasad (feast)
- Shri Ram Mandir & Shri Shirdi Sai baba Sansthan temple joint program at Shri Ram Mandir, 11 Brick St, Henderson, Auckland on 21st Nov, 7.30pm
Devotional night with songs (bhajan) in praise of Lord Ayappan by Kalaimamani, Shree Veeramani Raju and troupe, 21st Nov, 6.30pm-8.30pm at Auckland Sri Ganesh Temple, 4 Dent Pl, Papakura, Auckland 2110. Organized by Auckland Tamil Association
10th Year Anniversary of Wellington Sri Ayyappan Swami, 18th Nov, 5pm to 8.30pm at Kurinchi Kumaran Temple 3, Batchelor Street, Newlands, Wellington, New Zealand 6037
Queenstown International Marathon, 17th Nov. Visit website for details
Nepal Festival 2018, 17th Nov 10am to 6pm at Aotea Sqaure, Queens St, Auckland. Organized by New Zealand Nepal Society.
Deepavali Celebrations with Dinner “Chill with Chinni” on 17th Nov, 5.45pm to 8.30pm at Freeman’s Bay Community Hall, 52 Hepburn Road, Auckland City. Cultural show with Chinni and local artists, even organized by Auckland Tamil Association. Ticket $20.
Skand Puran Katha, 12th Nov to 16th Nov, 7.30pm-8.30pm followed by Arti and maha prasad (feast) at Ram Krishna Mandir, 25-27 Onslow Avenue Papatoetoe, Auckland
Jalaram Jayanti celebrations (Kartik Month, Saptami / Satam / 7th Lunar day tithi from 14th Nov 11.53am to 15th Nov 2.34pm as per Auckland New Zealand time:
- Bhartiya Mandir, 252-254 Balmoral Road, Mt Albert, Auckland on 14th Nov, 4.30pm onwards followed by maha prasad (feast)
- Radha Krishna Mandir, 145 New North Road, Eden Terrace, Auckland, 14th Nov, 2pm Paduka Pooja, 5pm onwards Katha and Arti followed by maha prasad.
- Gujrati Pariwar Waikato, 17th Nov, 7pm – 10pm at Peachgrove Intermediate, Peachgrove Road, Hamilton
Glamour of Bollywood Nite with Saif Ali Khan, 16th Nov, 7pm onwards at Mahatma Gandhi Center, 145, New North Road, Eden Terrace, Auckland
Annakut अन्नकूट 2018 on 11th Nov, 1pm to 5pm organized by Vaishnav Parivar Auckland New Zealand
Annakut Utsav 2018 अन्नकूट उत्सव, on 10th Nov, 6pm onwards followed by Mahaprasad at Wintec City Campus, Hall A1.04 Tristram Street, Hamilton. Organized by ISSO Hamilton
DIWALI 2018 Celebrations in New Zealand. Check our page with details on Diwali programs and celebrations in New Zealand
Diwali Celebrations 2018 on 3rd Nov, 4pm to 11.30pm organized by Gujarati Pariwar, Waikato
Papatoetoe Diwali Mela, 31st Oct, 11am-2pm at Eric Baker Place, Papatoetoe, Auckland. Main performer Comedian Raju Srivastav. Free entry. Organized by Auckland Indian Retailers Association (AIRA)
Karva Chauth 28th Oct. Check our page for Karwa Chauth tithi in New Zealand and programs
Ayodhya Diwali 2018, Celebrations on 27th Oct, at 60, Shirley Road, Shirley. Entry $10 incl meal. Organized by Christchurch Fiji Association.
Sandringham Village Festival, Sandringham Shops area, Sandringham Road, Auckland on 27th Oct, 9am to 4pm. Kids entertainment, Street Food, Live Music, Picnic Area and Craft Market.
Shardotsav (Sharad Utsav) Celebrations and Ras Garaba on 27th Oct, 8pm to 10.30pm at Roskill District Bowling Club, 8 Falkirk Street, Blockhouse Bay, Auckland organized by Vaishnav Parivar Auckland New Zealand
Wellington Diwali Festival 2018, on 28th Oct, 1.30pm to 9.30pm at TSB Arena and Shed 6 Venues. Enjoy vegetarian Indian dishes, performances, dances, interactive activities, pop-up acts, art & craft stalls and lots of fun. Brought to you by Wellington City Council. Visit catnz.org.nz to participate and get more info.
ASB Auckland Marathon 2018, on 28th Oct 6am-1pm. Entries: 42km, 21km, 12km, 5km and 2.2km Kids Run.
Diwali 2018 Celebrations organized by Waitakere Indian Association on 28th Oct 2018, from 10.30am till 10pm at Trust Arena, Henderson, Auckland. Visit Associations facebook page or website for more details. Food stalls open 11am, performances from 12noon onwards. Fireworks display 9.45pm.
Kabaddi Tournament (Kabaddi, Volleyball, Soccer, Tug of war, Musical chairs, NZ Women Kabaddi, Children races), 28th Oct 10am onwards at Papatoetoe Sports Center, 295 Great South Road, Papatoetoe, Auckland. Refreshments will be available all day. Organized by Malwa Sports and Cultural Club NZ Inc.
The Merchants of Bollywood, 23rd Oct, 7.30pm-9.30pm (doors open 6pm) at Baypark Arena, 81 Truman Lane, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga Region. and 18th Oct at Aotea Center, Aotea Sqaure / Mayoral Drive, Auckland. Featuring a cast of over 40 performers adorned in 1,200 different eye-popping costumes and 5,000 pieces of glistening jewellery, this uplifting show is a riot of colour and high-energy music by award-winning composers Salim and Sulaiman Merchant. click here for tickets
Auckland Diwali Festival 2018, 20th and 21st Oct 2018 at Aotea Square, Queens Street, Auckland, New Zealand. Vegetarian Food Stalls, Kids performances, Adult Performances, Fireworks display and stalls to buy attractive Indian traditional and other stuff.
Waikato Diwali Festival, 20th Oct 12.30pm to 8.30pm at Waikato Migrant Resource Centre, Boundary Road, Hamilton, New Zealand 3214. Food Stalls, Kids performances, Adult Performances, Fireworks display.
Maa Durga Temple Manukau celebrating DUSSEHRA Festival, on Sat 20th Oct from 12noon to 9pm at Alexandra Park, Greenlane Epsom Auckland. Free entry and Free parking. Stalls, food stalls, Kids Rides, Stage Performances, Ramleela, Effigy Burning and Fireworks.
Folk and Sufi, Arif Lohar and Kanwar Grewal Live in Auckland, 20th Oct, 7pm at Vodafone Events Center, 770 Great South Road, Manukau, Auckland, New Zealand 2014. Tickets for $15, children under 5 free.
Navratri Dandiya, Garbha and Dances 10th to 19th Oct 2018 in New Zealand: check our page with all the programs, dandiyas and garba in New Zealand
Ustad Tari Khan, Live in concert: 19th Oct, 7.30pm-9.30pm at Shri Ram Mandir community center, 11 Brick St, Henderson, Auckland. Program: 7.30-8.30 Ghazals, break for 15 mins, 8.45pm-9.30pm Tabla Solo. Tickets: Adult $20 incl dinner, children under 12 are free.
Dashain Festival, Celebrations on 13th Oct Organized by New Zealand Nepal Society.
Pitra Tarpan Shrad and Brahma Bhoj, 7th Oct, 10am to noon followed by lunch for all at Shri Ram Mandir, 11 Brick St, Henderson, Auckland. Programs starts with Shrimad Bhagwat Katha & Pravachan on Pitru Paksh at 10am; followed by Samohik (Group) Pitra tarpan, Brahmin bhoj and lunch for all.
Chocolate and Coffee Show 2018: 6th and 7th Oct at The Cloud, Queens Wharf, Auckland
Rockstar Dandia Arvind Vegda, Dandia Season Auckland on Sat 6th Oct at Vodafone Events Center, 770 Great South Road, Wiri, Manukau, Auckland 2104. Hosted by Yuva Gujarat.
NZ Senior Indian Idol on 6th Oct, 10.30am to 3pm at Shanti Niwas Center, 14 Spring St, Onehunga. Free Event. Singing event for Senior citizens. Register before 14th Sep for audition. Fun activities for kids and families.
Darba and Dandiya Night 2018, Pre Navratri and Musical night Sat 6th Oct, 8pm to 11pm at Shri Shirdi Sai Baba Temple, 12-18 Princess Street, Onehunga, Auckland
Celebrating 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, organized by Indian High Commission office and Wellington Indian Association on 5th Oct 6.15pm to 9.15pm at 48 Kemp St, Kilbirnie, Wellington
Mahatma Gandhi birthday and International non-violence day celebration, organized by Pujya Mahatma Gandhi commemoration committee and Wellington City council, on 2nd Oct, 11am at Gandhi Statue, Railway Station, Wellington (if it rains then Yoga Center, 23 Jessie St, Te Aro, Wellington). Entertainment and vegetarian lunch will be served. All are welcome.
March for Global Peace, Celebrating 150th birthday of Mahatma Gandhi. Peace march on 30th Sep, starting 80, Queens Street at 9.45am, ending at Aotea Square at 10.20 followed by brief program. Organized by High Commission of India. Purpose of this event is to highlight Mahatma Gandhi’s philosophy of peace and non-violence.
Ratri before Navratri, Garba Dance Dandiya program, 29th Sep, 7pm at Barfoot & Thompson Stadium, 203 Kohimarama Road, Kohimarama, Auckland 1071. Entry and parking free. Event organized by Gujarati Sahitya Mandal NZ
Sarangi Maestro Sangeet Mishra Live in Concert accompanied on table by Prashant Kumar, 29th Sep 7.30-9.30pm at Shri Ram Mandir Community Centre, 11 Brick St Henderson, Auckland. Program starts with Sitar by Lester Silver and tabla by Gurpreet Singh. Tickets for $20 with dinner. Children below 12 free. Snacks & refreshments will be on sale.
Brahmotsavam 2018 Purattasi Sani Week Two, 29th Sep from 10am. Program includes Abhisekam followed by Veena Recital by Mrs Malathi Vasudevan at Sri Balaji Temple, 2 Kent Street Frankton Hamilton. Please bring flowers, fruits, prasadam of your choice.
Festival of Lord Venkateswarar, Purattasi Sani (Saturday) on 22nd Sep, 29th Sep, 6th Oct, 13th Oct morning 9.45am to 12noon and 7.30pm. At Thiru Subramaniyar Aalayam, 69 Tidal Road, Mangere
Paresh Rawal Live in Auckland, Kishan-vs-Kanhaiya Reloaded, Hindi Comedy Play on 28th Sep, 7pm onwards at Victory Convention Center, 98 Beaumont Street, Freemans Bay, Auckland 1010. Tickets available at ticketbazaar.co.nz
Tamil drama by Y. G. Mahendran and his group on 23rd Sep, 5.30pm at Mount Albert War Memorial, Waireke Avenue & New North Road, Mt Albert, Auckland. Organized by Auckland Tamil Association. Tickets available at EventBrite
GANESH CHATURTHI / VINAYAKA CHATURTHI TO GANESH VISARJAN PROGRAMS IN NEW ZEALAND:
- Vinayaga Chathurthi (Ganesh Chaturthi) celebration and abhishek, 13th Sep, morning 5am till 7.30pm in the evening followed by Prasad at Sri Ganesha Temple, 4 Dent Place, Papakura Auckland
- Ganesha Chaturthi 2018 celebrations, 15th Sep, 9am – 1pm at Templeton Community Center, 64 Kirk Road, Templeton, Christchurch 8042 (Heading south, turn right after Cookie Time). Organized by Sri Ganesh Temple Christchurch
- ISSO Swami Narayan Temple Ganesh Chaturthi celebration, 15th Sep, 6pm onwards at Wintec City Campus, Hall no A1.04, Tristram Street, Hamilton.
- Programs at Sri Balaji Temple, 2 Kent Street, Frankton, Hamilton
- Ganapati Moolavar Abhishekam, 13th Sep, 11am to 6pm
- Programs at Thiru Subramaniyar Aalayam, 69 Tidal Road, Mangere, Auckland
- Three day celebrations 13, 14, 15th Sep
- 13th Sep, 10am to noon: Abisegham, Maha Ganapati Alangara Darshan, Maha Deeparathanai and Prasadam distribution. Evening 6pm-8pm: Maha Abishegam, Sodasha Maha Deeparathami and Prasadam
- 14th Sep 6pm to 8pm: Vigneshwara Poojai, First Kala Yagasalai Poojai, Ganapathi Upanishath Parayanam, Maha Deeparathanai and Maha Prasadam.
- 15th Sep: 10am to mid day: 2nd Kala Yagasalai Poojai, 108 Kalasa Poojai, Ganapati Homam, Ashta Diraviya Homam, Maha Poornahuti, Abhishegam, Maha Deeparathani and Maha Prasadam.
- Programs at Shri Ram Mandir, 11 Brick St, Henderson, Auckland
- 5 day Ganesh Pooja starting 19th Sep to 22nd Sep, 7.30pm samohik (group) Ganesh Puja followed by arti and prasad (feast)
- 23rd Sep: 9.30am Ganesh Pooja, Hawan, Arti followed by lunch at 11.30am.
- Ganesh Visarjan yatra on 23rd Sep starting 12.45 by bus (booking essential)
- Programs at Sri Sai Mandir, 12-18 Princess St, Onehunga, Auckland:
- Ganesh Stapana, Pooja and Ganesh Aarti: 13th Sep, 6.30pm to 8pm
- Ganesh Abhishekam,
Ganesh Pooja and Ganesh Aarti : 14th Sep to 22nd Sep – 6.30pm to 8pm
- Ganesh Havan followed by Maha Prasad: 22nd Sep, 10 AM to 12 noon
- Ganesh Maha Puja/Visarjan Puja followed by Visarjan Procession to Bhartiya Mandir, 23rd Sep, 10am to 12noon
- Devotees from different temples will be assembling at 1.00 pm at Bharatiya Mandir, to proceed to Ferry Terminal. Visarjan process will take place from a Ferry and interested devotees may register for the same ( $35 per person)
- Programs at Bhartiya Mandir, 252 Balmoral Road, Sandringham Mt Albert, Auckland
- Ganesh Sthapna puja: 13th Sep, 10am-12noon
- Samuhik (Group) aarti, bhajan: 13th Sep to 22nd Sep, 7.30pm onwards
- Ganesh Abhishek: 13th Sep to 22nd Sep, 7.30pm onwards
- Sri Satyanarayan puja: 23rd Sep, 10am to 12.30pm followed by maha prasad (feast)
- Samudra Yatra and Ganesh Visarjan: 23rd Sep starting 1.30pm
- Programs at Radha Krishna Temple, 145 New North Road, Eden Terrace, Auckland:
- Ganesh Sthapna puja: 13th Sep, 8pm followed by prasad
- Shri Ganesh Charitra Katha: 14th – 15th – 16th Sep from 7.30pm to 9pm followed by aarti & prasadam
- Shri Ganesh Bhajan: 22nd Sep 8pm followed by aarti and prasad
- Ganesh Yagna: 23rd Sep, 10am onwards followed by puja, aarti and maha prasad (feast)
- Ganesh Murti visarjan (idol dispersion) 24th Sep 8.30pm (Maha prasad between 6pm and 7pm)
- Programs at Gita Mandir Wellington Indian Association, 48 Kemp Street, Wellington, 602
- Ganesh invocation: 13th Sep
- Ganesh Bhajan: 14th Sep, 7-30pm to 9pm
- Ganesh Visarjan (Dispersing Ganesha idol, ONLY ONE IDOL ALLOWED TO DISPERSE) on 15th Sep 9am-12noon, organized by
- Ganesha Chaturthi (Gaṇēśa Caturthī or Vināyaka Caviti) sthapna, 13th Sep, Burnside Bowling Club, 330 Avonhead Road, Christchurch NZ
- Ganesh Chaturthi celebrations, 15th Sep 7pm-10pm at 72 Peachgrove Rd, Hamilton East, Hamilton 3216. Organized by Gujarati Pariwar Waikato.
Radha Ashtami Celebrations, Mon 17th Sep at Radha Krishna Temple 145 New North Road, Auckland. Pooja at 4pm followed by arti and prasad.
ISKCON Radhastami 2018, Mon 17th Sep 4:30 am – 9:00 pm at 1229 Coatesville-Riverhead Hwy Kumeu RD2, Auckland,Rodeny 0892
Islam Awareness Week 2018, 17th Sep to 22nd Sep across New Zealand. Opening session at FIANZ Wellington on 17th Sep and Mosque open day on 22nd Sep. Organized by The Federation of Islamic Association of New Zealand.
Devang Patel Dandiya and Dance Program, 21st Sep 6pm to 11pm at Mahatma Gandhi Center, 145 New North Road, Eden Terrace, Auckland. Ticket for eventfinda.co.nz
Self realization seminar and gnanvidhi (In question answer session) by Pujya Deekbhai Desai on 21st and 22nd Sep at Sri Shirdi Saibaba Sansthan Hall, 12-18 Princess St Onehunga Auckland 1061. Program: Satsung 21st Sep 7.30-9.30pm, Aptaputra Satsang 22nd Sep 10am-12pm, Gnanvidhi 22nd Sep 5pm-8pm. For details visit https://nz.dadabhagwan.org/
Gujarati Comedy Play “Maro Var .. Made for me” on 22nd Sep, 7.30pm at Hannah Playhouse, Te Aro, Wellington. Tickets at ticketbazaar.co.nz
Punjabi Bhangra Competition 2018 and Live Comedy (Vikas Mongia), on 22nd Sep at Vodafone Event Center, Auckland
Devang Patel Dandiya and Dance Program, 15th Sep 7.15pm to 11.45pm at YMCA recreation center, Bishopdale, Christchurch. Ticket for $10 available at eventfinda.co.nz. Children below 10 goes free.
Canterbury Turban Day, 15th Sep, 12noon-3pm at Christchurch Cathedral Square, City Center, Christchurch. There will be volunteers who will tie a turban on those who would like to try one- and all men, women and children are invited.
Humours Evening with Dr Gnanasambandam, very eminent orator, actor and well known Tamil scholar, on 15th Sep 6pm – 7.30pm at PWC Lecture Hall, Waikato Management School, University of Waikato, Hillcrest Road, Hamilton. Organized jointly by Waikato Tamil Sangam along with Auckland Tamil Association. Free admission and donation welcome.
Dildar Dandia Nirtidan Gadhvi, Dandia Season Auckland on Sat, 15th Sep at Vodafone Events Center, 770 Great South Road, Wiri, Manukau, Auckland 2104.
Miss India NZ 2018: On Sat 15th Sep, 7.30pm to 11pm at Mahatma Gandhi Center, 145 New North Road, Eden Terrace, Auckland. Tickets available at eventfinda.co.nz
National Hindi Language Week in New Zealand हिन्दी भाषा सप्ताह, 7th Sep – 14th Sep: Opening event: 7th Sep, Keynote speaker: The Minister of Ethnic Communities, Jenny Salesa at the Papatoetoe High School, Auckland
Muharram Ashura 2018, from 11th Sep-20th Sep, 6pm-10pm at Imam Reza Mosque 7B Astely Ave, New Lynn, Auckland. Dinner and Refreshments will be served.
Parkash Utsav Shri Guru Nanak Dev Ji, Queenstown 2018, 8th Sep, 1pm to 4pm at Wakatipu High School, 68 Fryer Street, Queenstown, New Zealand 9348
Annual Children’s Charity Concert, A night of Dance, Music & Drama on 8th Sep, 6.30pm-10pm (doors open 6pm) at Baptist Church Hall, 488 Old Te Atatu Road, Te Atatu Peninsula, Auckland. Tickets: $15 for adult including dinner pack. Children under 10 are free (dinner not included). Food, Snacks & Beverages will be sold at venue. Organized by Waitakere Hindi School. Visit link for more details.
Teej 2018, Celebration of Teej Festival on 8th Sep, 6pm-10pm at Ranui Community Centre, 474 Swanson Road, Ranui, Auckland 0612. Organized by New Zealand Nepalese Association (NZNA) Check the link to get more info.
Shiv Maha Yagna, 8th Sep 7.30pm at Gita Mandir, 48 Kemp St, Kilbirnie, Wellington
Shri Krishna Janmashtami celebrations on 8th Sep from 3pm-9pm at Kelston Girls College, Kelston. Organized by Vaishnav Parivar (NZ) Inc.
An evening of Carnatic Music (Sumithra Vasudev in concert with B Ganapathyraman on Mridangam and H M Smitha on Violin), 8th Sep, 5.30pm onwards at Centennial Theatre, Auckland Grammer School, 55 Mountain Road, Epson, Auckland. Tickets: Reserved $50, General $20, Senior/Child: $15. Presented by Rasikas NZ and Sangeetha Bharathi. Email: [email protected]
Crazy Rich Asians- movie night fundraiser, on Thursday 6 September 2018, in support of Mary Potter Hospice . Cut off date for tickets- Sunday 2 September 2018 so if you would like a ticket call or text Saira on 0274938880 or Nalini on 021427166. Ticket price $20 . Arrival time of 7.30pm allows the opportunity to purchase a few raffle tickets and settle in before the movie at 8pm. Mary Potter Hospice has a proud history of care, compassion and commitment to the people of Wellington. Organized by Wellington Indian Association Mahila Samaj
ONAM Celebrations in New Zealand Parliament, 4th Sep, 5.30-7.30pm at Banquet Hall, Parliament, Wellington. Registration is MUST before 2nd Sep. click here for details and registration. Entry free. Hosted by Priyanka Radhakrishnan MP.
Urban Temple Party, 3rd Sep 5.45pm to 12 mid night at Bhakti Lounge Wellington, 175 Vivian Street, Wellington 6011. Bhakti yoga, kirtan, feast, live acoustic music.
Krishna Janmashthmi 2018 (5245th Birthday of Lord Krishna): Most of the temples in New Zealand starts celebrating Shri Krishna Janma Ashtami about 5-7 days in advance with Katha, Prayers, Aarti and Kirtan. More details on our Janmashtami special page.
Dahi-Handi Program: Matki Phod Mahotsav (मटकी फोड महोत्सव) Govinda Aala Re on 2nd Sep organized by Maa Durga Temple, Manukau, Auckland. All devotees and participants to assemble at Maa Durga Temple before 9am. Free bus service
At 9:00am bus starts
10:00 am Swami Narayan Mandir PAPATOETOE
11:30pm BAPS Swami Narayan Mandir AVONDALE
1:00pm Shirdi Sai Temple ONEHUNGA
2:00pm Bhartiya Mandir BALMORAL Sandringham
3:30pm Maa Durga Temple MANUKAU
Janmashtami Prayers and Functions
- Krishna Janmashtami celebrations, 1st Sep, Bhajan, Kirtan, Garba / Dandiya and Dinner (Passes required) at 36 Lyttelton Cres, Tamatea, Napier 4112
- Shri Krishna Janmashtami Celebrations, 2nd Sep Kirtan starts 6pm at Sanatan Dharam Mandir, 108 Whiore Ave, Tauriko, Tauranga 3171
- Mon 27th Aug to Mon 3rd Sep, 7pm to 10.30pm at Shri Sanatan Pratinithi Sabha of Christchurch Hall (previously Woolston Scouts Hall), 19 St John Street, Woolston, Christchurch. Organized by Christchurch Fiji Association
- Mon 27th Aug to Mon 3rd Sep, 6pm to 8.30pm at Ram Krishn Mandir, 25 Onslow Ave, Papatoetoe, Auckland
- Mon 27th Aug – Mon 3rd Sep, Krishna Janam Astmi Katha and Bhajan, 7.30pm – 10.30pm followed by maha prasad at Shri Ram Mandir, 11 Brick St, Henderson 1010, Auckland
- Mon 27th Aug – Sun 2nd Sep: Srimad Bhagwat Katha from 7.45pm – 9.15pm at Bhartiya Mandir, 252, Balmoral Road, Sandringham, Auckland
- Shri Krishna Janmashtami programs upto 3rd Sep at Shiv Mandir, 43 Holmes Road, 2016 Manurewa, Auckland
- Ashirwaad Ramayan Mandli Mandir from 27th Aug to 3rd Sep, 7pm to 9pm (Katha, Bhajan, Kirtan, Prasad, Feast) at East Tamaki Bowling Club, 242 East Tamaki Road, East Tamaki, Auckland 2023
- New Zealand Sangam & Shree Sanatan Dharam Pawan Sut Satsangh Ramayan Mandali from 27th Aug to 3rd Sep, 7.30pm-9pm, Katha – Kirtan – Aarti – Prasad at residence of devotee – 9 Donegal Park Drive, Flat Bush Auckland
- Shri Radha Krishna Temple, 145 New North Road, Auckland. 31st Aug to 2nd Sep: Krishna katha from 7.30pm-9.30pm followed by Arti and prasad. 3rd Sep: 7pm till midnight. Maha Arti at mid night. Katha, bhajan and aarti followed by maha prasad.
- Shree Sanatan Dharam Hanuman Mandir, Bagawat Khata from 7.30 pm to 9 pm, followed by Aarti, Prasad & Maha Prasad. Address: 14 – 16 Bay Park Place, Beach Heaven, 0626 North Shore, Auckland
Last day Hawan at 6.30pm | Krishan Janam at 9.00pm
- Shree Swami Narayan temples (BAPS / ISSO): Auckland, Rotorua, Hamilton, Wellington, Christchurch
- ISKCON Temple Auckland, 1229 Coatesville-Riverhead Hwy, Kumeu RD2, Auckland, Rodeny 0892
- ISKCON Panmure Auckland, 11 Pleasant View Rd, Panmure, Auckland 1072
- ISKCON Wellington, 105 Newlands Road, Newlands, Wellington. (Sep 3 @4.30am to Sep 4 @1am)
- ISKCON Christchurch, Hare Krishna Centre, 83 Bealey Avenue, Christchurch 8013 (7pm to midnight)
- ISKCON Hamilton, 188 Maui Street, Pukete Industrial Estate, RD8 Terapa, Hamilton, Waikato
- Sri Balaji Temple, 2 Kent Street, Frankton, Hamilton
- Gita Mandir, 48 Kemp Street, Wellington, 6022. Bhajan and Prayers 7.30pm till midnight.
- Hunuman Baba Kutti Christchurch
- Shri Krishna Janmashtami celebrations on 8th Sep from 3pm-9pm at Kelston Girls College, Kelston, Auckland. Organized by Vaishnav Parivar (NZ) Inc.
Please check FB pages / website of respective temple / organization for exact dates / time of celebrations.
Hindola Celebrations, Various programs at temples around New Zealand during Hindola period from 29th Jul to 28th Aug. Check out exact celebration date and time at your nearest temple (specially Krishna Temples or Swami Narayan temples) or Vaishnav Community celebrations.
Sister Shivani (Spiritual speaker and practitioner/teacher of Raja Yoga meditation) – live in Auckland on 26th Aug, 5pm-7.30pm at Victory Convention Center, 98 Beaumont St, Freemans Bay, Auckland. Organized by Brahma Kumaris NZ. Ticket $20 and can be purchased online at www.eventbrite.co.nz
Children’s Art Festival 2018, 26th Aug, 11am to 3pm at Allan Brewster Recreation Center, Papatoetoe, Auckland. Games, Food, Art and surprise performances. Theme: Love our planet. Entry Free. Event organized by Chinmaya Mission New Zealand. For details contact [email protected]
Jhulana Yatra, 22nd to 25th Aug, at ISKCON Hare Krishna Temple Auckland, 1229 Coatesville-Riverhead Hwy, Kumeu RD2, Auckland, Rodeny 0892
Kirtan Darbaar at Gurdwara Nanaksar, Manurewa, Auckland on 25th Aug from 5pm to 11pm.
Ponnonam 2018 (Onam Celebrations) on 25th Aug 10.30am-3pm at Middleton Grange School Hall, 30 Acacia Ave, Upper Riccarton, Christchurch. Enjoy cultural programs and delicious sadhya. Organized by Christchurch Kerala Association
Onam Celebrations on 25th Aug at Mahatma Gandhi Center, 145 New North Road, Eden Terrace, Auckland organized by St Dionysius Indian Orthodox Church, Auckland.PROGRAM CANCELLED
Bollywood Dhamaka Night (For good cause, all proceeds go towards womens netball team) organized by Canterbury Rhythm Masters on 25th Aug, 6.45pm to 11pm at Shirley Intermedia School Hall, 60 Shirley Road, Shirley. Tickets for $5 only. Kids under 12 goes free. Come and have fun filled evening of singing, dancing and enjoyment. Food on sale. For more info contact Mohammed 021 497786 or Arvind Kumar (Kittu) 021 0249 9575.
Shravan Maas Samuhik Shiv Mahapuja, Sat 25th Aug, 10am-12.30pm followed by maha prasad (feast) at Bhartiya Mandir, 252-254 Balmoral Road, Sandringham, Auckland
Varalakshmi Viratham (Pojai, Abhishegam, Prasad) , 24th Aug, 6.30pm-8.30pm at Thiru Subramaniyar Aalayam, 69, Tidal Road, Mangere, Auckland.
Kiwi Indian Hall of Fame 2018, on 23rd Aug. An event to recognize and felicitate individuals & influencers who contributed towards development of community, businesses and nation.
Eid Al-Adha Prayers at various mosques in New Zealand. Eid Celebrations at Mt Smart Stadium, 22nd Aug.
Shravan Maas Bus yatra (Trip to most of the temples at Auckland) organized by Bhartiya Mandir Auckland, Sun 19th Aug. Yatra starts at 8.30am from Bhartiya Temple, 252 Balmoral Road Auckland. Ticket $30 incl tea, snacks and lunch.
Thiruvonam 2018, Onam Celebrations on 18th Aug 3.30pm to 10pm at Mahatma Gandhi Center, 145, New North Road, Eden Terrace, Auckland 1021. Organized by Auckland Malayali Samajam
Gurbani singer from Amritsar Rajwinder Kaur at Bhai Mardana Music Festival at Mangere Arts Center, Auckland on 17th & 18th Aug.
Satyanarayan Musical Mass Katha, on 17th Aug 6pm to 8pm at Gita Mandir, Bharat Bhawan, 48 Kemp St, Kilbirnie, Wellington
Indian Independence Day Flag Hoisting and Celebrations:
* 15th Aug 10am to 12noon, at Bharat Bhawan Wellington Indian Association, 48 Kemp St, Wellington 6022
* 15th Aug 7.30am at Latimer Square Christchurch, organized by Indian Social and Cultural Club, Christchurch
* 12th Aug 10.30am at Mahatma Gandhi Center, 145 New North Road, Auckland. Event organized together by various Indian communities and societies.
Onam Celebrations in Wellington on 11th Aug, 4.30pm onwards at St Patrick’s College, Kilbirnie 581 Evans Bay Parade, Wellington. Tickets for $25.93. Event organized by Wellington Malayalee Association Inc.
Indi King: EVOLUTION 2018, on 11th Aug 6pm at Dorothy Winston Center, Auckland Girls Grammar School, 16 Howe St, Freemans Bay, Auckland 1010. A Dance Competition showcasing our local youth on a stage set up with glamour and an event run with professionalism.
Parkash Purab of Sri uru Harkrishan Sahib Ji and 9th anniversary of Gurudwara Sri Guru Harkrishan Sahib ji New Lyn on 5th Aug, 10am to 2pm Kirtan Diwan and Competition prize distribution. Address: 4/3034 Great North Road, New Lynn, Auckland 0600
Rafi-Kishor-Mukesh Night-2 (A tribute to legends) on 4th Aug, 6.30pm at Dorothy Winston Center,16 Howe St, Newton, Auckland. Ticket $20 available at ticketbazaar.co.nz
Guru Poornima – Praising your Guru / Teacchers: Celebrating Guru Purnima on 29th Jul at Thiru Subramaniyar Aalayam, 69 Tidal Road, Mangere, Auckland. In Association with Mangere – Otahuhu Local Board. Programme: Fri 27th July from 6.30 pm: Subramaniyar Abishegam, Lalitha Sahasaranama Archanai, Honouring Gurus, Maha Prasadam.
Sun 29th July from 11.30 am Nithya Poojai, Nama Archanai, Honouring Gurus, Maha Prasadam
Waso (Rain-retreat) Robes Ceremony, Sun 29th Jul at Ratanadipa Buddhist Temple, New Lynn. Program: 11am Offering lunch to the Venerable monks. 12 noon Dhamma Talk & sharing merits.
Hindola Utsav, Sat 28 Jul, 5pm – 8pm, Satsang- Path, Kirtan-Bhajan-Dhol-Pad, Sanmukh darshan – Video Vachnamrut, followed by Mahaprasad. At Mt Roskill District Bowling Club, 8 Falkirk street Blockhousebay, Auckland. Organized vy Vaishnav Parivar New Zealand Inc.
Akhand Ramayan Paath, 28th Jul 8.45am onwards till 29th Jul 10am followed by hawan, arti and lunch prasad. Organized by Shri Ram Mandir, 11 Brick St, Henderson, Auckland.
Anup Jalota Live in Concert, on 27th July 2018, 7.30pm-9.30pm at Shri Ram Mandir Community Center, 11 Brick St, Henderson, Auckland. Ticket for NZ$30, 50,75.
Christchurch Teeyan Da Mela (Vibrant festival of color and flavours), 21st Jul from 4pm to 8pm at YMCA Center, Bishopdale, Christchurch
Ladies Cultural Night 2018, 21st Jul, 6pm at Vodafone Event Center, Manukau, Auckland. Tickets for $10, children under 5 goes free. Enjoy live DJ, gidha, bhangra and live play. Parking free. Presented by Woman Care Trust.
Sur Sangam Sandhya सुर संगम संध्या, 21st July 2018, 6pm at Manurewa Netball Centre, 95 Browns Road, Manurewa. Tickets $20 only.
15th Anniversary celebration by Elim Tamil Church on 21st July, 6pm at Elim Christian Center, 159 Botany Road, Auckland
Aa Gaya Ni Ohi Billo Time, Live in Auckland on 14th July 2018 At Applejacks, Pakuranga
ITx New Zealand Conference of IT, 11th July to 13th July at TSB Arena, Queens Wharf, Wellington NZ
Mid Winter Function organized by Canterbury Tamil Society on 7th July 2018, 6pm-9pm at Templeton Community center, 64 Kirk Road, Templeton, Christchurch 8042
Screening movies UPOHAAR and AHONA on 30th Jun 2018 at Bongo Sangskritik Sabha, The Playhouse Theatre, 15 Glendale Road, Glen Eden. Tickets $15. Timings: UPOHAAR movie at 6.30pm starring Jayanta Bhaduri, Sudarshana Bhaduri & Ujjal Ghosh. AHONA movie at 9pm starring Santanu Ghosh, Nirmita Ghosh, Devanand Deb & Arpita Chanda. For tickets, please contact Roopam on 022 428 1825 or Debalina on 022 070 3430
Sounds of India, Indian Classical and Light Music Concert 30th June 2018 from 6.30pm. Key artists – Nandini Shankar, Bansant Madhur, Akhil Madhur and vocal jugalbandi by Seetha and Dr Anita Naik. This program is 100% charity fundraiser event presented by Sargam School of Indian Music and Gymkhana. Venue: Dorothy Winstone Center, Auckland Girls Grammar School, 16 Howe St, Newton, Auckland.
“Osman”, a Bengali play based on the modern adaptation of William Shakespeare’s classic tragedy, “Othello”, retold in the backdrop of Kolkata on 23rd Jun 2018, 6pm onwards at Playhouse Theatre, 15 Glendale Rd, Glen Eden, Auckland 0602. For tickets, please contact: Anirban: 02102615373.
Bhartiya Mandir Auckland Silver Jubilee Celebrations from 10th June to 24th Jun:
Samuhik Vishnu Yagna and Bhagwad Katha Purna Ahuti: Sun 10th June, 10am onwards
Bhajan Sandhya on Sat 16th Jun, 4pm onwards
Public Function on Sun 17th Jun, 3pm onwards
Mata Ki Chowki on Fri 22nd June, 4.30pm onwards
Cultural Evening: Sat 23rd June, 4pm onwards
Patotsav Hawan, Gita Recitation by Youth and Raffle Draw: Sun 24th Jun, 9.30pm onwards
All above programs are followed by Maha Prasad (Feast). Address: 252/254 Balmoral Road, Sandringham, Auckland
International Yoga Day (21st June) events in New Zealand:
- Organized by Indian Association of New Zealand on 17th June 2018 from 9.30amo12pm at Howick Recreational Center, 563 Pakuranga Road, Howick, Auckland, NZ.
- Organized by GOPIO Waikato on 24th June at Western Community Center, Nawton, Hamilton
- Organized by Indian High Commussion at Bharat Bhawan, Wellington on 21st June
- Organized by Auckland Indians Association at Mahatma Gandhi Center, Auckland on 24th June
- Organized by Indian Cultural Group in collaboration with the Indian High Commission, Art of Living Foundation, Iyengar Yoga and Adiyoga at Christchurch.
Annual Programme Poncho Kobi Loho Pronam organized by Probasee Bengalee Association of New Zealand June 6th 2018. (As per Association’s website Event page)
Sri Ram Mandir, 11 Brick St, Henderson Annual Paat Utsav (Patotsav / पाट उत्सव / पाटोत्सव) 2018, 6th June to 10th June.
Day 1: Wed 6th Jun: 12-2pm Ganga and Gau Pooja, 3-5 Deh Shuddhi-Das Vishi Snan-Yagna, 6.30-7.30 Kalash Shobha Yatra, 7.30-9 Cultural Programs
Day 2: Thu 7th Jun: 3pm-6pm Ganesh & Devi Yagna, 7.30pm -9pm Cultural Program
Day 3: Fri 8th Jun: 3pm-6pm Rudra Yagna, 7.30-9pm Cultural Program
Day 4: Sat 9th Jun: 9am-12noon Vishnu Yagna, 12-2pm Phal-Ahaar Lunch, 2pm-5pm Vishnu Yagna Continues, 7.30pm-9pm Cultural Program
Day 5: Sun 10th Jun: 8.30am-9am Pratah Yagna, 9am-11am Abhishek and Sthapan of all deities, 11-11.45am Shikhar Pooja nad Dhwaja Arohan, 11.45am-12.30pm Purnahuti Yagna, 12.30pm-1pm Aarti-Visarjan-Shati Paath
Srimad Bhagwat Katha, 1st Jun – 9th Jun, 7.30pm onwards followed by Mahaprasad at Bhartiya Mandir, 252/254 Balmoral Road, Sandringham, Auckland (Part of Bhartiya Mandir Silver Jubilee Celebrations).
Curry Bazaar 2018, Sat 2 June 2018 10am – 5pm at Indian Cultural Hall, Cnr Udy St and Nelson St, Petone, Lower Hutt, Wellington Region.
Shiv Mandir, 43 Holmes Road, Manurewa, Auckland: 14th Year anniversary celebration on 28th and 29th May 2018 from 10am till evening on both days including Laghu Rudra Hawan.
Gurdas Maan: Live in Auckland on Sat 26th May 7.30pm at Victory Convention Center, 98 Beaumont St, Freemans Bay, Auckland 1010.
Tarun Mohanbhai: Uber Funny, Tue 15th May to Sat 19th May daily at 8.45pm-9.45pm at The Classic Studio, Level 1, 321 Queen St, CBD, Auckland. Presented by Laugh Club NZ.
Talent Show “Rang Berangi Gujarati“, 5th May 7pm at Ormiston Senior College, 275 Ormiston Rd, Flat Bush, Manukau, Auckland. Free entry.
Indian Cultural Day, 5th May 10.30am-3pm, Waikato Museum, 1 Grantham St, Hamilton, Waikato. A celebration of Indian culture and the land of opportunity. Entry Free.
Eto Shur Eto Gaan, Live program of Bengali songs by Dr Hubert D’Cruze and musicians on 5th May, 6.30pm onwards at Avondale College Theatre, Victor Street, Avondale, Auckland. Tickets $10. For details check webpage
Shab-e-Baraat Program, 1st May 4.30pm onwards at Al-Mustafa Jamia Masjid, 25 Mangere Road, Otahuhu. Programs starting with Asr prayer followed by Milad Sharif, Magrib (Evening prayer), Nafil Salat sessions and visit to Manukau Memorial Gardens graveyard on Puhinui Road for a visitation. For details check webpage/FB page.
Vaisakhi Mela 2018 on 28th Apr, 7pm at Claudeland Arena (Corner of Brooklyn Road and Heaphy Terrace), Hamilton, organised by Waikato Punjabi cultural club. Enjoy the show time with Sippy Gill and other cultural activities. Tickets only $20.
Tamil New Year Celebrations, 28th Apr starting 5.30pm at Freemans Bay Community Hall, Auckland. Enjoy Rameswara Group of Dancefrom Singapore. Event organized by Auckland Tamil Association.
NZ Spirit Festival, 27th – 29th April 2018, Inspirational Knowledge Sharing, Musical Performances, Food, Yoga, Kirtan and much more. Location: Kawai Purapura Retreat Centre, 14 Mills Lane, Albany, Auckland.
Auckland Turban Day 2018 on 21st Apr 11am-2pm at Aotea Square, Queens St, Auckland. Hosted by Sikh Youth New Zealand. Entry Free.
Chithirai Vizha (Celebrations of Tamil New Year) on 21st Apr, 6pm at Freemans Bay Community Hall, 52, Hepburn St, Ponsonby, Auckland 1011. Performances by exceptional talent of the society. Click here to check their FB page for details and ticket info. Organized by Muthamil Sangam Auckland
Baishakhi Celebration and Akhaandpaath (अखंडपाठ) 12-14th Apr at Guru Sri Harkrishan Sahib Gurudwara, 4/3034 Great North Road, New Lynn Auckland.
Srimad Bhagwat Katha by Shri Devkinandan Thakurji live from 13th Apr – 19th Apr 2018, At Shri Shri Radha Damodar Temple, 11 Pleasant View Road, Panmure, Auckland (Similar Katha organized in Australia and Fiji as well)
Tamil Varusha Pirappu 2018 Celebrations on 14th Apr 10am-12noon and 6pm to 9pm at Thiru Subramaniyar Temple, 69, Tidal Road, Mangere, Auckland
Poila Boishak Celebrations 2018, on 14th Apr, 5.30pm-10pm at East Tamaki Community Hall 244 East Tamaki Road, Otara, Auckland. Organized by Probasee Bengalee Association of New Zealand. An evening of fun, food and “adda”. There will be various Kolkata style street food and artefacts on sale (Cash ONLY), .and some light inpromptu entertainment.
Tamil New Year Celebrations, 14th Apr 6.30pm-10pm at Templeton Community Centre, 64 Kirk Rd, Templeton, Christchurch. Organized by Canterbury Tamil Society
Annual Sikh Day Parade (Nagar Kirtan), 14th Apr 2018, 12noon to 2pm, organized by Gurudwara Nanaksar Thath Isher Darbar, 100-106 Great South Road, Manurewa, Auckland.
Tamil Varsha Pirappu (Tamil New Year) prayers and celebrations on 14th Apr: 10am-12noon and 6.15pm-8.15pm followed by feast (Maha Prasad) at Auckland Sri Ganesh Temple, 4 Dent Place, Papakura, New Zealand.
Easter and Vishu Kalasandhya 2018, on 14th Apr, 5.30pm-10pm at Auckland Normal Intermediate, Poronui St, Mt Eden. Cultural performances and dinner. Member only function organized by Auckland Malyali Samajam.
Shri Maha Prabhuji Pragtya Utsav, Vrij Vihar Manorath श्री महा प्रभुजी प्रगाट्य उत्सव ब्रिज विहार मनोरथ: 14th Apr, 11.30am-5pm at Roskill District Bowling Club, 8 Falkirk street Blockhouse bay, Auckland organized by Vaishnav Parivar NZ
Vishu Festival Special Pooja and Celebrations on 15th Apr, 10am to 1pm at Auckland Sri Ganesh Temple, 4 Dent Place, Papakura, New Zealand.
Tamil New Year Celebrations, 15th Apr 2pm-6pm Potluck at Blind Foundation, Dunedin. Organized by Dunedin Tamil Society
Salim Sulaiman Bollywood Super Hit Duo Auckland Concert, 13th Apr, 8pm – 11pm, at Vodafone Event Center, 770 Great South Road, Manukau, Auckland
Shree Sanatan Dharam Hanuman Mandir 3rd Anniversary Celebrations (Patotsav / पाटोत्सव):
Friday 6th Apr from 7.30pm: Musical Evening followed by Arti and Maha Prasad (Feast),
Saturday 7th Apr from 7.30pm: Cultural Program followed by Arti and Maha Prasad (Feast)
Sunday 8th Apr Samohic Sarwadeo Puja from 10.00am, Purnahuti at 1.00pm Followed by Arti and Maha Prasad (Feast)
Cultural Diversity Festival, 7th Apr, 10am-5pm, at Hayman Park, 51-55 Lambie Drive, Manukau, Auckland. Free Music and Dancing shows for families, Fun and Entertainment, Cultural Display-Cultural Parade, Cultural Performances, Games and Food.
The Grand Indo Western Bridal Expo & Fashion Shows, 7th Apr 2018, 12 noon onwards, at The Cloud, Auckland Waterfront, Auckland
Punjabi Mela 2018, 7th Apr, 7.30pm – 10.30pm at Logan Campbell Center, 217, Greenlane Rd West, Epson, Auckland. Tickets available at Eventfinda.co.nz
Khamoshiya Gun Gunane Lagi – 4, Tribute to Mangeshkars. Musical event on 7th Apr, 6.30pm at Dorothy Winstone Centre, 16 Howe St, Auckland. Tickets for NZD20 only.
Good Friday (30th Mar) and Easter (1st Apr) Programs at nearby Church or Chapel across New Zealand. Holidays in most of establishments from 30th Mar till Easter Monday (2nd Apr).
Royal Easter Show, ASB Showgrounds, Greenlane, Auckland, 29th Mar – 2nd Apr. Check www.eastershow.co.nz for details.
ISSO Swami Narayan Temple Patotsav Celebrations, 30th Mar – 1st Apr 2018, at 10/12 Wentworth Ave, Papatoetoe, Auckland 2025. Details at isso.org.nz
Shri Hanuman Jayanti Celebrations in New Zealand:
- 31st Mar, 10am-12noon. Hanuman Chalisa chanting from 1pm-5.30pm followed by Aarti at Shri Shirdi Saibaba Temple, 12/18 Princes St, Onehunga, Auckland
- 31st Mar, 9am-10am – Shri Hanumant Pooja, 10.30am-12noon: Sunder kand Paath followed by Aarti and Maha Prasad (Feast for all) at Bhartiya Mandir, Balmoral Road, Auckland
- 31st Mar: 7.30pm-8pm Hanuman Pragatya Pooja and Hanuman Chalisa recital followed by Aarti and Prasad at Radha Krishna Temple, 145 New North Road, Auckland
- 31st Mar, 10am-12noon: Hanuman Chalisa Paath. 7.30pm-9pm Pravachan by Pundit Ajay Tiwari at Sri Sanatan Dharam Hanuman Mandir, North Shore Auckland
- 31st Mar, 7.30pm-9pm: Hanuman Chalisa Paath, Bhusundi Ramayan Paath, Arti, Kirtan and Maha Prasad; at Shri Ram Mandir , 11 Brick St, Henderson, Auckland
- Gita Mandir / Wellington Indian Association: 31st Mar: 7.30pm-10.30pm Hanuman Chalisa recital. 1st Apr, 10am-1pm, Hanuman Yagna at 48 Kemp Street, Wellington.
Hindu Gettogether, 31st March 2018, 7pm-9pm, Pooja, Meet, Share and Connect program at OUSA Club & Societies Centre, 84, Albany St, North Dunedin
Kabaddi Cup and Vaisakhi Mela 2018, on 31st Mar, 11am-6pm at Burnside Park, 336, Avonhead Road, Christchurch 8041
Sri Ram Navmi (Rama Navami / राम नवमी) Celebrations in New Zealand
- Sri Rama Navami Celebrations, 25th Mar, 10.30am – 12.30pm, 6.30pm – 8.30pm at Shri Shirdi Saibaba Temple, 12/18 Princes St, Onehunga, Auckland. Sri Ram Katha on 23rd and 24th Mar, 6.30pm-8.30pm followed by Maha Prasad (Feast)
- Rama Navami: Appearance of Lord Sri Ramacandra, 26th Mar, at ISKCON Temple, 1229 Coatesville-Riverhead Hwy Kumeu RD2, Auckland, Rodeny 0892
- Sri Ramcharit Manas Katha (श्री रामचरित मानस कथा) by Acharya Sri Upendrabhai Joshi from 18th Mar – 24th Mar 2018, 7.45pm-9pm followed by Maha Prasad (Feast / Bhandara) at Bhartiya Mandir, Balmoral Road, Auckland
- Sri Ram Janmotsav Pooja (9.15am-11am) / Katha (11am-12noon) and Aarti (12 noon) on 25th Mar 2018, at Bhartiya Mandir, Balmoral Road, Auckland
- Sri Ram Navmi Mahotsav on 26th Mar 2018, 10am-12.30pm followed by Arti and Maha Prasad at Sri Radha Krishna Temple, 145, New North Road, Auckland
- Sri Thirumurugan Temple, 145, Church Street, Otahuhu, Auckland
- Ram Krishna Mandir, 25-27 Onslow Avenue Papatoetoe , Auckland, 18th to 25th Mar
- Shri Ram Mandir, 11 Brick St, Henderson, Auckland. Samuhik Hanuman Chalisa, Raam Katha and more. Please visit www.shrirammandir.org.nz
- Sri Sanatan Dharma Hanuman Mandir, 14 – 16 Bay Park Place, Beach Heaven 0626 North Shore Auckland
- Gita Mandir Raam Navmi Celebrations, on 25th Mar. The temple will be open from 8 am to 12noon. There will be Bhajans from 10am to 11.40am, and Ram birth pooja will be at 12noon. Address: 48, Kemp Street, Wellington
- Ram Navmi Celebrations from 18th to 25th March at 7.30pm at Shiv Mandir, 43, Holmes Road, Manurewa
- Ram Katha from 18th to 25th Mar, 7pm to 9pm followed by feast (Maha prasad) at Maa Durga Temple, 4/3 Onslow Ave Manukau Auckland
- Raam Naumi Celebrations, 17th to 24th Mar, 7pm – 8.30pm and on 25th Mar from 10am-1pm at Woolston Community Hall, 502 Ferry Rd, Woolston (Behind Woolston School) organized by Christchurch Fiji Association. Havan will be performed on 17th and 25th Mar.
- Sri Ram Navami celebrations, Sri Ramayana Pravachanam & Sri Hanuman Abhishekam, 25th Mar, 11am at Lord Sri Balaji (Lord Venkateswara) Temple, 2 Kent Street, Frankton, Hamilton
- Ram Navmi Celebration with Bhajan by Vinod Patel, at Shri Swaminarayan Temple, Papatoetoe, Auckland
HummFm Comedy Festival, 23rd Mar, 7.30pm – 9pm, at St Cuthbert’s College, 122 Market Road, Epson, Auckland
Ugadi Utsavam 2018, 11th Mar, 3pm-8pm at Avondale College, 51 Victor St, Avondale, Auckland. Organized by New Zealand Telugu Association
Gudi Padwa and Ugadi Celebrations, 18th Mar, 10.30am-12.30pm, Shri Shirdi Saibaba Temple, 12/18 Princes St, Onehunga, Auckland 1061
Ugadi and Rama Navami Celebrations, 18th Mar, 11.15am onwards at Fendalton Community Centre, 170 Clyde rd Fendalton, Christchurch. Organized by South Island Telugu Association
Ugadi Utsava & Abhishekam, 18th Mar, 11am at Lord Sri Balaji (Lord Venkateswara) Temple, 2 Kent Street, Frankton, Hamilton
Ugadi, Gudi Padwa, Vikram Samvat 2075Celebration, Chaitra Navratri pooja, 18th March 2018. Program: 7.30pm-7.45pm: Vishnu Sahastra Naam Path. 7.45pm-8pm: Panchant Shravan, 8pm onwards Sri Ramcharit Manas Katha followed by Feast / Mahaprasad at Bhartiya Mandir, Balmoral Road, Auckland
Holi (Festival of Colour) Celebrations in New Zealand:
- Krishna Holi (Indian Color Festival), 25th Feb 2018, 12 noon-5pm. Venue: ISKCON Hare Krishna Temple, 1229 Coatesville-Riverhead Hwy Kumeu RD2, Auckland, Rodeny 0892 New Zealand. Entry and Parking free.
- Holi Celebrations 2018, 25th Feb 2018, 11am-4pm, at Coyle Park 528 Pt Chevalier Rd, Pt Chevalier, Auckland. Organized by New Zealand Telugu Association
- Holi Celebrations 2018, 25th Feb, 10am to 4pm, Western Spring Park, Auckland. Organised by New Zealand Telangana NRIs
- Holika Dahan Puja and Bonfire, 1st Mar, 5.30pm-8pm, at Hutt Riverbed Off the road at Wairere Drive, Lower Hutt, Wellington Region. In the event of wet weather, back up venue will be at the FIA Hall, Halford Place, Norhtern end of Jackson Street, Petone (rear end of the Shandon Golf Course).
- Holi Milan and Holika Dahan Puja, 1st Mar, 7.30pm onwards at Bhartiya Mandir, Balmoral Road, Sandringham, Auckland
- Holika Dahan on 1st Mar at 8pm after Arti at Radha Krishna Temple, New North Road, Auckland
- Holi Celebrations (Music Dance and Colours), 3rd Mar, 2.30pm to 4pm at Naenae Community Hall, Cnr Treadwell and Everest Ave, Lower Hutt, Wellington Region. Entry Free.
- HOLI 2018 Colours in the Park, 3rd Mar 2018, 12noon-7pm, Three Kings Reserve, Auckland. Fun, Food and Music.
- Festival of Colours HOLI 2018, 3rd Mar, 11am – 2.30pm, at BHB Primary School Ground, 584, Blockhousebay Road, Blockhouse Bay, Auckland. Organized by Vaishnav Pariwar NZ
- Waitakere Holi Mela 2018, 4th Mar, 10.30am-5pm at Corban Estate Arts Centre, 2 Mt Lebanon Lane, Henderson, Auckland 0650. Hosted by Waitakere Indian Association.
- The Color Run Dreams World Tour, 11th Mar 2018, 8am-11am at QBE Stadium, Albany, Auckland
- Christchurch Holi – Festival of colours, 17th Mar 2018, 10am – 4pm at Hagley Park North, Christchurch.
- Rangiora Festival of Colour, 24th Mar, 10am-4pm at Victoria Park, Rangiora, Waimakariri.
- Holi Colour Fest Wellington, 24th Mar, 11am – 4pm at Upper Frank, Kitts Park, Wellington Central. Tickets Kids: $10, Adult $20, Family $50, Gate Sale $25. For more details click here
Kaifi Aur Main -Live In Auckland, 11th Mar, 7.30pm onwards, at Vodafone Events Center, 770 Great South Road, Manukau, Auckland. Starring Javed Akhtar, Shabana Azmi. Ghazals & Film songs Performed by Jaswinder singh with Live Orchestra.
New Zealand International Yoga Festival, 22nd to 25th Feb 2018, Kawai Purapura, Albany, Auckland. Over 100 entertaiing, inspiring and thought provoking workshops and activities. Yoga, Meditation, Music, Dance, Lectures and Discussions.
Sanskriti Ek Khoj संस्कृति एक खोज: Tribute to Indian Heritage and celebrate the cultural values of India, 17th Feb 2018, 4pm-7.30pm North Shore Events Center. Organized by BAPS Swaminarayan Temple, Avondale, Auckland.
Vegan Food Festival Hamilton 2018, on 17th Feb 2018, 2pm to 7pm at Lake Domain, Hamilton (Proud to say it is Zero Waste event)
Maha shiv ratri (महा शिव रात्रि) Celebrations:
- Maha Shivaratri Puja, 13th Feb 2018, 7.30pm-10.30pm at 48 Kemp Street, Wellington 6022. Organized by Wellington Indian Association Inc.
- Kurinchi Kumaran Temple, 3 Batchelor Street, Newlands, Wellington. Shiv ratri pooja and abhishek.
- Sanatan Dharam Mandir, 108 Whiore Ave, Tauriko, Tauranga. Temple will be open all day on 13th Feb 2018 for Lord Shiva pooja and abhishek
- Shivratari Pooja, Lord Shiv, 14th Feb, 6pm onwards at 63 Creightons Road, Clevedon, New Zealand
- Maha Shivaraathri Homam (Yagna) and Abhishek, 13th Feb 2018, 6.30pm onwards at Sri Balaji Temple, 2 Kent Street, Frankton, Hamilton
- Auckland Area:
- Maha Shivratri Celebrations, at Sanatan Dharam Hanuman Mandir, 14-16 Bay Park Place, Beach Haven, Northshore, Auckland. Shiv Katha from 12th Feb to 14th Feb. Temple will be open on 14th Feb full day with hawan and aarti from 7.30pm.
- Maha Shivaratri Celebrations, 13th Feb 2018, Char Prahr Puja (चार प्रहर पूजा) starting 7.30pm at Shiv Mandir, Manurewa, followed by feast (maha prasad)
- Maha Shivaratri Celebration, 13th Feb 2018, Maha Roodra Abhishek Pooja (महा रूद्र अभिषेक पूजा) 7.45pm-9.15pm followed by Maha Prasad (Feast). Shri Shiv Puran Katha from 7 Feb to 13th Feb from 7.30-9.15. At Bhartiya Mandir, Balmoral Road (Sandringham), Auckland
- Samuhik (सामूहिक / Group) Maha Shivratri Pooja, 13th Feb 2018, 8pm onwards, Radha Krishna Temple, 145 North Road, Auckland City
- Maha Sivarathiri Puja, 13th Feb 2018 at Sri Ganesh Temple, No 4 Dent Place, Papakura Auckland. First Jama puja and shiva lingam abhishek started 13th Feb 9pm with Rudrabhishek. 2nd Jama puja & annabishekam:11pm, 3rd Jama puja and abhishek: 1.15am (14th Feb), 4th Jama puje and abhishek: 4am (14th Feb)
- Maha Shivratri Celebrations, 14th Feb 2018, 7pm to 5am of 15th Feb Char Prahr Puja (चार प्रहर पूजा) at Shri Ram Mandir, 11 Brick St, Henderson, Auckland.
- Maha Sivarathiri Pooja, 14th Feb, 6pm to 15th Feb 6am at Thirumurugan Temple, 145 Church Street, Otahuhu, Auckland. Following four pooja’s will be offered to Lord Shiva (Siva)
14th Feb: First Kala Pooja – 6pm – 9pm, Second Kala Pooja – 9pm – 12 midnight
15th Feb: Third Kala Pooja – 12 midnight – 3am, Fourth Kala Pooja – 3am – 6am
- Maha Shivaratri Celebrations, 14th Feb 2018, Abhishek from 10am-11am; Chaturyami Pooja Abhishek from 8.30pm till 5.30am next day (चतुर्यामी पूजा अभिषेक – Fruit फल / Grain अन्न / Rudra रूद्र / Bhasm / Ash भस्म abhishek) at Shri Shirdi Saibaba Mandir, 12-18 Princess Street, Onehunga, Auckland.
- Thiru Subramaniyar Aalayam Temple, 69 Tidal Road, Mangere, Auckland. Lord Siva pojai and abhishekam.
- Shiv Ratri – Shiv Katha (शिव कथा) 2018, 12th Feb to 14th Feb: 3 day Shiv Katha, kirtan after programme. Monday and Wednesday and Faag on Tuesday at 124 Alfriston Road, Manurewa. Click here for details
Otaki Kite Festival, 10th & 11th Feb 2018, 11am-4pm, Otaki Brach, Marine Parade, Otaki, New Zealand (kitefestival.org.nz)
Bhajan Sandhya (Musical Evening of Prayers), 10th Feb 2018, starting 7pm at Dorothy Winston Center, Auckland Girls Grammer School, 14 Howe Street, Newton, Auckland. Organised by Ramakrishna Vedanta Centres of New Zealand Inc. Tickets for NZ$25.
Waitangi Day Festivals in New Zealand, 6th Feb 2018:
Okahu Bay, Orakei, Auckland – 10am – 3pm
Harbours Edge, Wi Neera Drive, Porirua, 10am – 5pm
Waikato Museum, 1 Grantham Street, South end of Victoria Street, Hamilton. 11am-3pm
Puke Ariki, 1 Ariki Street, New Plymouth, Taranaki. 11am-2pm
Okains Bay Maori & Colonial Museum, 1146 Okains Bay Rd, Okains Bay, Banks Peninsula, Christchurch District. 9am-4pm
Te Manawa Museum of Art, Science and History, 326 Main St, Palmerston North. 10:00am – 2:00pm
Toitū Otago Settlers Museum, 31 Queens Garden, Dunedin, Otago. 10:30am and 2:00pm
Te Rā O Waitangi, Waitangi Park, 107 Cable St, Wellington. 9:00am – 7:30pm
Waitangi Treaty Ground, Bay of Islands (Full day, click to get details)
Earnslaw Park, Queenstown Waterfront, Queens Town. 12noon-3pm
Shri Ram – A – Thon, Charity walk, in aid of St John’s Ambulance. on 4th Feb 2018, from 8.45am to 5pm; followed by cheque presentation and dinner. All are welcome to participate at any stage of the walk. To participate in the event, please fill up the form available at Shri Ram Temple or www.facebook.com/ShriRamMandirNz/ For more info contact [email protected] / 09 836 4647.
Bollywood Dance Open Day, 3rd Feb 2018, 11am-12noon, at Square Edge, 47 The Square, Palmerston North. Free entry. For more info please contact [email protected]
Guftagu with Gulzar Saab, 3rd Feb 2018, 7pm at Dorothi Winston Center, 16 Howe St Freemans Bay Auckand. Tickets available at ticketbazaar.co.nz
Thai Pusam (Thai Poosam) थाई पूसम (तमिल): Programs from 21st Jan – 6pm to 31st Jan – 9pm at Thiru Subramaniyar Aalayam Temple, 69 Tidal Road, Mangere, New Zealand 2022 . Click here for details
Auckland Anniversary Weekend, 26th to 29th Jan, click here for event details on council website
Tarana Summer Festival, 29th Jan 2018, 12noon-7pm at Sir Woolf Fisher Arena Vodafone Event Center, 770 Great South Road, Manukau City. Free entry. Check tarana.co.nz for details.
Veer Manpreet Singh (Tuhi Tuhi Wale) programs at Nanaksar Thath Ishar Darbar, 98 Great North Road, Manurewa, Auckland: 27th Jan: 7pm-8.30pm, 28th Jan: 11am-12.30pm, 28th Jan: 7pm-8.30pm
Veer Manpreet Singh (Tuhi Tuhi Wale) programs in Auckand New Zealand:
24th Jan, 7pm to 8.30pm Sri Guru Harkrishan Sahib, 3034 Great North Road, New Lynn
27th Jan, 11am-12.30: Sri Dashmesh Darbar, 166, Kolmar Road, Papatoetoe
Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama’at New Zealand Annual Convention (Jalsa Salana), 26th and 27th Jan 2018, at 20, Dalgety Dr, Manukau, Auckland. More info at https://www.ahmadiyya.org.nz/jalsasalana
Hare Krishna Food Festival, 27th Jan 2018, 4pm – 8pm, ISKCON Hare Krishna Temple, 1229 Coatesville-Riverhead Hwy Kumeu RD2, Auckland, Rodeny 0892 New Zealand.
Indian Republic Day Celebrations, 26th Jan 2018, 10.30am-12noon at Mahatma Gandhi Center, 145, New North Road, Eden Terrace, Auckland. Organized by Auckland Indian Association Inc
HARE KRISHNA! The film, special screening on 22nd Jan 2018, 6pm at Embassy Theatre, Wellington 6011. Click here for ticket info
HARE KRISHNA! The film, special screening on 22nd Jan 2018, 6pm at Event Cinema, QueensStreet, Auckland 1011. Click here for ticket info
Mata Saraswati Pooja and Vasant Panchmi Celebrations on 22nd Jan 2018, 5-6.30pm followed by Maha Prasad (Feast) at Bhartiya Mandir, Balmoral Road, Auckland. All Students and Devotees are requested to register their name with Acharya of the mandir.
Vegan Street Food Fair on 21st Jan 2018, 11am to 3pm at Wise Cicada, 88 Braodway, New Market (Basement, Down Lane), Auckland. Vegan food from various cuisine- Asian, Persian, Indian and Mexican. Indian menu include Bhel Puri. Price range NZ$14-16.
Akhand Hanuman Chalisa paath अखंड हनुमान चालीसा पाठ 2018, From 20th Jan 10am till 21st Jan 10am. Followed by Hawan Yagna, Aarti and Maha prasad (Feast) at Shri Ram Mandir, 11 Brick Street, Henderson, Auckland 0610 (More info at www.shrirammandir.org.nz)
ICC Under19 Cricket World Cup 2018:
New Zealand v West Indies, 13th Jan 2018
India v Australia, 14th Jan 2018
India v PNG, 16th Jan 2018
India v Zimbabwe, 19th Jan 2018
New Zealand v South Africa, 20th Jan 2018
All above matches at 2pm – 9:45pm at Bay Oval, Blake Park, Kawaka Street, Tauranga
New Zealand v Kenya on 17th Jan 2018, 10.30 am onwards at Hagley Oval Christchurch
Free Entry. Click here for more info
Makar Sankranti Celebration, 14th Jan 2018, 10am-12noon at Kilbirnie Park , Wellington 6022, New Zealand. Organized by Wellington Indian Association Inc
Indian Kite Festival 2018, Kite flying, Fun rides, Food stalls, stage performances, competitions and picnic. 14th Jan 2018, 11am to 6.30pm, Eastdale Reserve, Rosebank Rd Avondale, Auckland. Organized by Vaishnav Pariwar New Zealand.
Christchurch Lohri Festival, 13th Jan 2018, 6.30pm onwards at Bishopdale YMCA Recreation Center, 13A Bishopdale CT, Bishopdale. Christchurch Punjabi Social and Cultural Group brings fun, entertainment, food, kids activities and much more.
Bhartiya Mandir Lohri Celebrations, 13th Jan 2018. Aarti at 7pm, Lohri Celebration 7.45 onwards followed by Mahaprasad (Feast), at Bhartiya Mandir, Balmoral Road, Sandringham, Auckland 1025.
Thai Pongal, 13th Jan 2018, 6.30pm – 9.30pm at Fendalton Community Centre, 170 Clyde Road, Christchurch
Makar Sankranti Celebration, 6th Jan 2018 at Mount Roskill War Memorial Hall, Auckland. Cultural performances, kites, rangoli, fun and more. Organized by New Zealand Telugu Association
Guru Gobind Sigh Jayanti celebration and parade, 6th Jan 2018, Tauranga. Organized by Gurudwara Sikh Sangat, 43 Burrows St, Tauranga South, Tauranga 3112. Parade route Gurudwara at 43 Burrows St to 14th Avenue and gathering at Tauranga Boy’s College. Celebrations include kirtan, seva, parade and langar.
Maa Bhagwati Jagran (मॉ भगवती जागरण), 6th and 7th Jan 2018, at Maa Durga Temple, 4/3 Onslow Avenue, Manukau, Auckland. Programs: Sat 6th Jan 2018: Mahaprasad 7pm, Jyot Prachand 9pm, Chai Prasad 12am. Sun 7th Jan 2018: Katha Mata Tara Rani 4am, Kanya Poojan 5:30am, Aarti 6am followed by Prasad.