Yoga (Yog / योग) is spiritual and ascetic discipline, a part of which, including breath control, simple meditation, and the adoption of specific bodily postures, is widely practiced for health and relaxation.
Various programs and events are held across the world and New Zealand to promote Yoga and celebrate this day.
- 15th June – 28th June: YOGATHON NZ, Sun Salutation (Surya Namaskar) and Yoga, 14 days all over New Zealand starting 15th June 10am to 12noon at Bhartiya Mandir Community Hall, 258 Balmoral Road, Sandringham Auckland 1025. Hosted by Yogathon NZ – Health for Humanity. Register free.
- 16th June: High Commission of India coordially invites all to celebrate the International Day of Yoga on Sunday, 16th June 2019 from 10.30am to 11.30 at Bharat Bhavan 48 Kemp St, Kilbirnie, Wellington 6022. Please bring your yoga mat. Entry free.
- 16th June: Mega celebration of 5th International Yoga Day on 16th Jun, 9.30am to 11.30am at Mahatma Gandhi Centre, 145 New North Road, Eden Terrace, Auckland. Please bring Yoga mat. Juice, tea & snacks will be available free. Supported by all major diaspora organizations.
- 14th to 16th June: Hatha Yoga Programme, 14th to 16th June 2019 at Shanti Niwas Seniors Centre, 14 Spring Street, Onehunga, Auckland. (14th June: 6pm to 9.30pm, 15th & 16th June 5pm to 8.30pm).
- 16th June: International Yoga Day on 16th Jun, 9am to 11am at Ormiston Senior College, 275 Ormiston Road Flat Bush Manukau Auckland. Explore Ashtang Yoga, Kundalini Yoga and Hath Yoga. Please bring Yoga mat, rubber souled shoes and water bottle. Organized by India Association (Manukau) New Zealand. Free family event.
- 21st June: Yoga in Parliament, 21st June 11.30pm to 1.30pm at Grand Hall, New Zealand Parliament, Molesworth Street, Wellington 6160
- 21st June: 108 Salutes for International Yoga Day on 21st June 12.30pm to 1.30pm at Wellington Civic Square, 101 Wakefield Street, Wellington, 6011
- 21st June: IDY International Day of Yoga free classes, 21st June 12noon to 6.30pm at Yoga in Daily Life Centre, 23 Jessie St, Te Aro, Wellington organized by Yoga in Daily Life
- 21st June: Free Yoga Class on International Yoga Day on 21st June, 12.30pm to 1.30pm at Holiday Inn Rotorua 10 Tryon Street, Rotorua, 3010. Bring your own mat. Free entry. Tea/Coffee, Fruit will be provided after session. Hosted by Yoga Rotorua
- 21st June: International day of Yoga class on 21st June at various times at Sky Tower Auckland, lululemon Queenstown and 276a Lambton quay Wellington. Organized by Lululemon Check the page for tickets and more info.
- 22nd June: Yoga Day 2019 with Nikki Ralston & Samantha Doylel , on 22nd June, 3pm to 7pm at Mt Albert War Memorial Hall (Rocket Park) 773 New North Road, Auckland. Organized by Medidation New Zealand. Entry cost $10 (proceeds will support this event and Meditation New Zealand’s Free Prison and Community Programs) or free entry with a community services card
- 23rd June: World Yoga Day celebration, 23rd June 11am to 12.30pm at Waitakere Hindi School-West Wing, 29 Rathgar Road, Auckland 0612. Entry Free.
- 23rd June: International Yoga Day Event, 23rd June from 9am at Kawai Purapura Retreat Centre, 14 Mills Lane, Albany, Auckland. Full day Yoga adn othr festivities planned to celebrate International Yoga Day 2019.
To add your program, please send description, date, time, venue, website/FB page and name of organizer to [email protected] The listing shall be added as per our policies. click here for our policies.