Past Indian Events in New Zealand of year 2019
Jagannath Family Festival 2019, 5th Jan to 12th Jan. At Kauri Mountain Beach , off Taihururu Road, Whangarei Heads Rathayatra Whangarei on Jan 12th
Shakotsav Celebrations on 6th Jan, 5pm onwards followed by Aarti and maha prasad (feast) at shree Swaminarayan Hindu Temple (ISSO) 10-12, Wentworth Avenue, Papatoetoe, Auckland 2025.
The annual Murugan Thiruvizha (Sri Vilambi Year Mahotsavam) for 11 days (mornings and evenings) from 11 Jan to 22 Jan at Kurinchi Kumaran Temple 3 Batchelor Street, Newlands 6037 Wellington
Lok Geet Nite by Shelin Kumar and Anand Prasad on 12th Jan 7pm to 11pm at 19 St John Street Woolston Christchurch. Tickets NZ$10 including dinner. Organized by Shree Sanatan Dharam Christchurch
Thai Pongal Celebrations, 12th Jan, 6.30pm to 9.30pm at Templeton Community Center, 64 Kirk Road, Templeton, Christchurch 8042. Organized by Canterbury Tamil Society
Lohri celebrations, 13th Jan 7pm onwards followed by Lohri Pujan and Maha prasad (Feast) at Bhartiya Mandir, Balmoral Road, Auckland
Makar Sankranti celebrations on 13th Jan, 10am to 12noon at Kirbirnie Park, Wellington. Organized by Wellington Indian Association
Makar Sankranti Indian Kite Festival on 13th Jan, 11am to 6.30pm at Eastdale Reserve Avondale Auckland. Kite flying, stage performances, fun, picnic and more. Organized by Vaishnav Parivar NZ Inc
Thai Pongal and Iyyappa makarajothi vilkku pooja on 15th Jan 10.30am till noon at Thiru Subramaniyar Aalayam Temple, 69 Tidal Road, Mangere, Auckland 2022. Same day evening will be Thai Poosam festivities.
Christmas and New Year 2019 celebrations on 19th Jan, 6.30pm at Auckland Normal Intermediate School Hall, Poronui St, Mt Eden, Auckland 1024. Organized by Auckland Malayali Samajam Inc. Register by 9th Jan.
2019 Lunar Festival on 19th Jan, 3pm to 11pm at The Trust Arena, 65-67 Central Park Dr Henderson Auckland. Free admission. Food, Fun, Fireworks
Thai pusam Festival celebrations, 19th Jan, 6pm to 9pm at Harvard Community Lounge, 31 Corsair Dr Wigram Christchurch. Organized by Sri Ganesh Temple Christchurch
Thai Poosam (Kavadi Festival) on 20th Jan, 9.30am at Thiru Subramaniyar Aalayam Temple, 69 Tidal Road, Mangere, Auckland 2022
Auckland Live Sounds of Summer: Jugalbandi on 20th Jan, 2pm-3pm at Aotea Square, Queens Street, Auckland. Renowned mandolin and table players Anand Thakore and Manjit Singh combine classical Indian strings and rhythmic interactions in an electrifying performance.
Indian Republic Day – 26th Jan flag hoisting and cultural performances on 26th Jan, 11am to 2pm at Mahatma Gandhi Center, 145 New North Road, Eden Terrace, Auckland. Organized by NZ Indian diaspora and Indian High Commission
Celebrations of India’s republic day, 26th Jan, 10.30am to 12noon at Bharat Bhawan Centre, 48 Kemp Street, Kilbirnie, Wellington. Kindly reach the venue by 10.15am. Hosted by High Commission of India, Wellington
- Fifth one day International at Westpac Stadium, Wellington –Sunday, 3 February 2019, 3pm
- First Twenty20 International at Westpac Stadium, Wellington – Wednesday, 6 February 2019, 8pm
- Second Twenty20 International at Eden Park, Auckland – Friday, 8 February 2019, 7pm
- Third Twenty20 International at Seddon Park, Hamilton – Sunday, 10 February 2019, 8pm
Holi Christchurch – Festival of Colors, on 2nd Feb, 10am to 4pm at North Hagley Park Events Village, Rolleston Ave, Christchurch. Entry Free, suitable for all age group.
Auckland Tamil Association Pongal Festival competitions, 2nd Feb, 9am to 3pm at Mt Roskill War Memorial, Auckland. No registration fees. (The Pongal celebration event is on 9th Feb)
Chandan Yatra with boat & flower festival on 3rd Feb 11am to 3pm at Hare Krishna ISKCON Temple 1229 Coatesville-Riverhead Highway, Auckland, New Zealand 0892
Shri Ram Mandir’s annual walkathon: Shri Ram-A-Thon, 3rd Feb 8am to 5pm starting from Shri Ram Mandir, Henderson, Auckland. Fun and games activities for men, women, senior citizens and kids. click here for more info.
Auckland Tamil Association Pongal Festival Celebrations, 9th Feb, 5pm to 8pm at Mt Eden War Memorial, Balmoral, Auckland. (The celebration competitions are held on 2nd Feb, see above for details)
KRISHNA, Dance drama and annual performances, on 9th Feb 6pm at New Lynn Community Center, 45 Totara Avenue, New Lynn, Auckland. All are welcome, free entry. Organized by Tamil New Zealand School of Dance.
Hare Krishna Food Festival 2019, 9th Feb. Enjoy delicious multi cuisine vegetarian and vegan food at Hare Krishna Temple, 1229 Coatesville-Riverhead Hwy
Kumeu RD2, Auckland, Rodney 0892
Shri Shirdi Saibaba Temple 5th anniversary celebrations on 9th Feb, 6.30am to 9pm followed by maha prasad (feast) at 12-18 Princess St, Onehunga Auckland.
Faag gayan on Basant Panchmi, Sunday 10 Feb from 7.30pm at Shri Ram Mandir, 11 Brick St, Henderson Auckland.
HOLI 2K19: New Zealand’s largest Holi (color) Festival at ISKCON Hare Krishna Temple on 10th Feb 2019, 12noon to 5pm at 1229 Coatesville-Riverhead Highway, Auckland, New Zealand 0892. Free entry, Free parking.
Samuhik Saraswati Pooja (Group prayers to Mother Saraswati) on 10th Feb:
- 4pm-7pm at Shri Ram Mandir, 11 Brick St, Henderson, Auckland.
- 10am to 12noon at Bhartiya Mandir, 252-254 Balmoral Road Mt Albert, Auckland
Ōtaki Kite Festival 2019 from 16th Feb 9am to 17th Feb 5pm, at Otaki Brach, New Zealand.
Rap Yoga & Electronic Dance Kirtan w/ Jesse Brand on 16th Feb 7pm to 9pm at Hot Yoga 115 Spey St, Invercargill, Southland. Join Jesse Brand for an evolving set of conscious Electronic Dance Kirtan.
Culture Galore Festival, Sri Ganesh Temple Christchurch on 23 Feb, 11am to 4pm at Ray Blank Park, 46 Maidstone Road.
New Zealand International Yoga Festival, 21st to 24th Feb, 10am-10pm at Kawai Purapura Retreat Centre, 14 Mills Lane, Albany, North Shore, Auckland, 0632
Maha Shivarathri (Shivratri) 10 days festival from 23rd Feb to 4th Mar at Kurinchi Kumaran Temple, 3 Batchelor St, Newlands, Wellington
Special Inter Faith prayers are organized across New Zealand to pray for departed souls of the ChristChurch terror attack.
HOLI celebrations scheduled after 15th March 2019 have been either cancelled or kept as only Prayers to show solidarity with our fellow Kiwis impacted by the Christchurch tragedy.
Cinemavam Sangeethaman, concert by veteran Madurai Sri G S Mani with Tamil movie songs, Carnatic Music and connection between the two, on 2nd Mar, 6pm to 8pm at Western Springs Garden Community Hall, 956 Great North Road, Western Springs, Auckland 1022. Ticket $15, kids under 12 free. Organized by Auckland Tamil Association
Ashraya 2019 Opening Anniversary and Kirtal Festival, 2nd and 3rd Mar, ISKCON Christchurch Hare Krishna Centre, Kirtan (Prayers), Seminar, Harinam (Chanting), Prasadam (Feast) at 83 Bealey Avenue, 8013 Christchurch
Maha Shivarathri (Shivaratri) 10 days festival from 23rd Feb to 4th Mar at Kurinchi Kumaran Temple, 3 Batchelor St, Newlands, Wellington.
Shiv Maha Yagna to celebrate Maha Shiv Ratri, 4th Mar 6pm onwards at Gita Mandir, Bharat Bhawan, 48 Kemp Street, Kilbirnie Wellington
Maha Shivratri at Shri Shirdi Saibaba Mandir on 4th Mar. Temple open full day. Program starts from 7am onwards till 5th Mar morning. Mahaprasad (feast) on 4th Mar 8pm onwards. Address: 12-18 Princes Street, Onehunga Auckland
Ganesh Temple Papakura Sivarathri Festival (Pooja, Abishekam, Prasatham distribution) on 4th Mar, morning 10am to 1pm and 5.45pm to next day morning at Ganesh Temple, 4 Dent Pl, Papakura Auckland.
Maha Shivratri ISSO Auckland on 4th March 2019, Monday. The temple will remain open from 6 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. and then from 3.30 to 9.30 p.m. The evening program includes MAHAPUJA from 7.30 to 8.30 followed by falahar. Swaminarayan Temple 10-12 Wentwoth Ave, Papatoetoe, Manukau 2025 Auckland
Shree Sanatan Dharam Hanuman Mandir Auckland Maha Shiv Ratri from Sun 3rd Mar to Tue 5th March from 7.30pm. Followed by Prasad & Maha Prasad. Mandir will be open all day on Tuesday 5th March. Address: 14 – 16 Bay Park Place, Beach Heaven, North Shore, Auckland 0626
Maha Shiva Rathri, 4th Mar 6pm to 5th Mar 6am: Kalasa Puja, Homam and Abhishekam at Sri Balaji Temple, 2 Kent Street, Frankton, Hamilton
Maha Shivraatri celebration, 4th Mar, 7pm onwards till 5th morning. Sunday from 7pm. Shiv Katha 3rd March. At Shiv Mandir 43 Holmes Road, Manurewa, Auckland.
Ram Krishn Mandir Maha Shivratri Utsav. Shiv Puran Katha from 1st Mar to 5th Mar, 7.30pm onwards followed by arti and maha prasad (feast). On 5th Mar, Katha and Havan followed by arti and maha prasad. at 25 Onslow Ave Papatoetoe Auckland
Maha Shivratri Prayers, Abhishek, Katha: 2nd Mar to 5th Mar at Shri Ram Mandir, 11 Brick St, Henderson Auckland. Programs: 2nd & 4th Mar: Katha 7.20pm-8.45pm. On 5th Mar evening till 6th Mar morning Pooja & Abhishek: (1) 7.30pm-9pm (2) 10.30pm-12 mid night (3) 1.30am-3am (4) 4am-5.30am. Bhajans between pooja break. Maha Prasad (Feast) served daily.
Shivaratri Celebrations on 4th March, 6.30pm to 9.30pm at Kawai Purapura Retreat Centre, 14 Mills Lane, Albany North Shore, Auckland, 0632
Maha Shivratri 2019 Pooja from 2nd to 4th Mar, 7.30pm daily at Lord Shiv, 63 Creightons Road, Clevedon New Zealand
Bhartiya Mandir Maha Shivratri programs: Shiv Puran Katha from 1st to 4th Mar at 7.45pm. Maha Rudra Abhishek Pooja and Samuhik Shiv Maha Pooja (Group prayers) on 4th Mar, 8pm onwards. Address: 252-254, Balmoral Road, Mt Albert, Auckland.
Radha Krishna Temple, Maha Shivratri Pooja and Katha. 1st to 3rd March – Twelve Jyotirling Katha in Hindi from 7.30pm to 9pm. Shiv Maha Puja on 5th Mar 8pm to 10pm. On 4th and 5th Mar temples will be open full day. Address: 145 New North Road, Eden Terrace, Auckland
Vaishnav Parivar Auckland NZ celebrating Shivratri on 9th Mar, 3pm onwards
Milk and Honey Festival: Music Event on International Womens Day programs, 8th Mar:
- Blue Smoke, Christchurch, 8th Mar, 7pm
- Whammy Bar Newton Auckland, 8th Mar, 8pm
- Club 121, Wellington, 8th Mar 10pm
- Power Station, Eden Terrace, 8th Mar, 8pm
Flute Master Pt Ronu Majumdar Live in concert on 9th March at Shri Ram Mandir, 11 Brick St, Henderson, Auckland
Dinkar Mehta Stand Up Comedy Show (Family Gujarati Show) on 9th Mar, 7pm onwards at Dorothy Winston Centre, 16 Howe St, Freemans Bay, Auckland 1011
Shukra Tara, a musical tribute to Padma Bhushan Shrinivas Khale on 16th Mar, 6pm onwards at Mt Eden War Memorial Hall, Balmoral, Auckland. Free entry. Organized by Swar Sadhana Academy.
NATYAM 2019, Indian classical dance and drama program celebrating 10th annual Bharatnatyam Dance recital on 23rd Mar, 6pm to 8pm at Heaton Intermediate Normal School Performing Art Center, 125 Heaton Road, Merivale Christchurch. Organized by Bharatnatyam Group of Christchurch. General admission $15, special row $25
Waitakere Indian Association Holi 2019 (#WIAHoli19) on 24th Mar, 10am to 6pm at Trusts Arena, Henderson, Auckland. PROGRAM CANCELLED
UGADI, Telugu Traditional new year day prayers on 6th Apr, 9.30am to 11am at Shri Shirdi Saibaba Sansthan, 12-18 Princes Street, Onehunga, Auckland 1061
Gudi Padwa, Marathi Traditional new year prayers on 6th Arp, 11am to 12.30pm followed by Maha Prasad (Feast) at Shri Shirdi Saibaba Sansthan, 12-18 Princes Street, Onehunga, Auckland 1061
Shri Ram Naumi celebrations from 6th Apr to 14th Apr 6pm onwards followed by maha prasad (feast). And main Ram Navmi pooja on 14th Apr from 8.15am till 1.30 followed by maha prasadam at Shiv Mandir, 43 Holmes Road, Manurewa, Auckland.
Raam Navmi celebrations by Christchurch Fiji Association from 6th Apr to 13th Apr, 7pm to 9.30pm at Woolston Community Hall, 502 Ferry Road, Woolston (Behind Woolston school). Program of 8th Apr will be held at Sanatan Hall. On 14th Apr program from 10am to 12.30pm.
Shri Ram Navmi function at Shri Ram Mandir. Program: from 6th Ap to 13th Apr 6pm-9pm followed by maha prasad. On 14th April 9am-1pm followed by maha prasad at Shri Ram Mandir 11 Brick Street, Henderson, Auckland.
Shri Ram Katha from 6th Apr to 13th Apr, 7.45pm to 9pm and on 14th Apr 11am to 12 noon at Bhartiya Mandir Temple 252-254 Balmoral Road, Mt Albert, Auckland
Shree Ram Navmi Mohotsav from 6th Apr to 13th Apr. Daily katha from 7pm to 9pm followed by maha prasad. Hawan and Jhula bandhan on 14th Apr from 10am to 1pm. At Maa Durga Temple, 4/3 Onslow Ave, Manukau, Auckland
Ram Navmi Utsad from 6th Apr to 14th Apr, 6.30pm onwards with Sthapana pooja, katha, arti and maha prasadam at Ram Krishn Mandir, 25 Onslow Avenue, Papatoetoe, Auckland.
Amman Thiruvizha 10 days festival celebrations from 10th Apr to 19th Apr. Starting morning 8.30am and evening 6.30pm followed by prasadam. Special program on 14th April Tamil New Year from 9am till afternoon followed by Annathaanam (Lunch prasadam) at Kurinchi Kumaran Temple, 4 Batchelor St, Newlands, Wellington
Free Turban Coaching Classes for boys & girls, dedicated to Khalsa Sajna Diwas 2019: Takanini/Otahuhu Gurudwara Sahib 12th-21st Apr. Radio Sadeaala Studio 22nd-26th Apr. Tauranga Gurudwara Sahib 27th – 28th Apr. Hasting Gurudwara Sahib 29th – 30th Apr. Christchurch Gurudwara Sahib 1st & 2nd May.
Jallianwalla Bagh Massacre Centenary (13th April 1919) Remembrance ceremony on 12th Apr 5pm to 7pm at St Peter’s Church, 211 Wills Street Wellington. Commemorated by Wellington Indian Communities with the support of the Indian High Commission in Wellington, EKTA NZ and Global Organization People of Indian Origin (GOPIO)
Vishu celebrations VISHUKANI and VISHU SADYA (Lunch) on 13th Apr starting 11am with traditional Vishukani and cultural programs at Shirdi Sai Baba Temple, 12-18 Princes Street, Onehunga, Auckland. Sadya (Lunch) to be booked, organized by Auckland Malayali Hindu Samajam.
Canterbury Kabaddi Cup 2019 and Vaishakhi Mela, Saturday 13th Apr, 11am onwards at Gloucester Green (Corner of Gloucester Street and Madras Street), Christchurch. Organized by Canterbury Punjabi Social Sports and Cultural Group.
UGADI Utsavam 2019 on 13th Apr, 4pm onwards at Sacred Heart College, 250 West Tamaki Road, Glendowie, Auckland. Chalaki Chanti and Sunami Sukhakar, Jabardasth fame artists will be part of this event. organized by New Zealand Telugu Association
BONGO MELA 2019, 13th Apr, 7pm to 9.30pm at Western Spring Community Hall, 956 Great North Road, Auckland. Hosted by Probasee Bengalee Association of New Zealand
Buddhist Ordination Ceremony, 14th Apr, 9am till afternoon at Ratanadipa Buddhist Temple 3075(A) Great North Road, New Lynn Auckland.
Rama Navami and Tamil New Year prayers on 14th Apr, 10am onwards Seetha Ram Kalyanam followed by maha prasad (holy feast) at Sri Balaji Temple, 2 Kent Street, Frankton, Hamilton
Ram Navmi Prayers and Celebrations on 14th Apr, 10am to 12noon at Shri Radha Krishna mandir, 145 New North Road, Eden Terrace, Auckland.
Rama Navami prayers and celebrations on auspicious appearance day of Lord Ramachandra on 14th Apr 5pm at Christchurch Hare Krishna Centre, 83 Bealey Ave, Christchurch
Stories from the Ramayana Soulfest, 14th Apr, 5pm to 9pm at Bhakti Lounge Wellington, 175 Vivian Street, Wellington 6011
Rama Navami – Appearance of Lord Ramacandra, prayers and celebrations on 14th morning from 4.30am till 2.30 followed by maha prasad (feast) at ISKCON Hare Krishna Temple 1229 Coatesville-Riverhead Hwy, Kumeu RD2 Auckland Rodney 0892
Sri Rama Navami celebrations on 14th Apr, morning 10am-12noon followed by lunch maha prasad and evening 5pm to 8pm followed by maha prasad at Shri Shirdi Saibaba Sansthan, 12-18 Princes Street, Onehunga, Auckland 1061
Good Friday prayers and services at nearby Church in your area across New Zealand.
Royal Easter Show, 18th to 22nd April from 10am to 10pm at ASB Showgrounds, Greenlane West Epsom, Auckland. Circus acts, FMX shows, Looney Tunes, Carnival Rides, Side shows, exhibits etc.
Hanuman Jayanthi celebrations and prayers, 19th Apr morning 10am to 12noon followed by maha prasad and Sri Satyanarayan Katha & Arti in the evening 6.30pm to 8pm followed by maha prasad at Shri Shirdi Saibaba Sansthan, 12-18 Princes Street, Onehunga, Auckland 1061
Hanuman Jayanti celebrations on 19th Apr: Morning 10am to 12noon and Evening 7.30pm to 8.15pm followed by Prasad and Maha Prasad (feast) at Shree Sanatan Dharam Hanuman Mandir, 14 – 16 Bay Park Place, Beach Heaven, 0626 North Shore Auckland
Hanuman Jayanti Prayers on 19th Apr 7.30pm onwards at Shri Radha Krishna Temple, 145 New North Road, Eden Terrace, Auckand.
Myanmar New Year celebrations, showcasing Burmese cultural & traditional performances, fashion showand music performances and lunch on 20th Apr 10am to 3pm at Panmure Community Center, 7-13 Pilkington Rd, Panmure, Auckland
Mid Sha’aban Night (Shab-e-baraat) on 21st Apr Sunday night at Jamia Masjid Al Mustafa, 26 Mangere Road, Otahuhu, Auckand. Cemetery gate will be close at 9pm. Organized by South Auckland Muslim Association.
Easter and Vishu Program, 22nd Apr 6pm to 9.30pm, Cultural programs and dinner at Mount Eden War memorial hall, 489 Dominion Road, Mt Eden Auckland. Member only event organized by Auckland Malyali Samajam Inc.
Easter celebrations across New Zealand. Family fun day, Egg hunt, Weekend shows, Dance and Music. Most of the shows are between 18th Apr to 22nd Apr.
Celebrations of Prakash Purab Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib Ji on 24th April 5.30pm to 7pm and Prakash Purab Sri Guru Arjan Dev Sahib Ji on 26th April 5.30pm to 7pm at Gurudwara Sri Guru Harkrishan Sahib, New Lynn, Auckland.
Tamil New Year Celebrations, 27th April, 6.30pm to 9.30pm at Templeton Community Center, 64 Kirk Road, Templeton, Christchurch 8042. Organized by Canterbury Tamil Society
1st to 10th May
- BARFOOT & THOMPSON NEW ZEALAND BADMINTON OPEN 2019, 30th Apr to 5th May at Eventfinda Stadium 17 Silverfield Lane Glenfield Wairau Valley Auckland, 0627:
- Tue 30 April, 9am to 2pm: Qualifying Rounds Mixed Doubles – Round of 32
- Wed 1 May, from 9am: Championship Events
- Thu 2 May, from 2pm: Championship Events
- Fri 3 May, from 5pm: Quarter-finals
- Sat 4 May, from 1pm: Semi-Finals
- Sun 5 May, from 1pm: FINALS
- Art Fair Auckland:
- Wed 1 May: Private View 11am & Opening Night 5pm
- Thu 2 May – Fri 3 May: General Entry 11am – 5pm
- Fri 3 May: Art Party 5pm
- Sat 4 May – Sun 5 May: General Entry 10am – 5pm
- The Cloud: Queens Wharf
- Tamil New-Year 2019 celebrations on 4th May, 6pm to 8pm at Freeman’s bay community hall, 52 Hepburn St, Auckland 1011, organized by Auckland Tamil Association. Enjoy Vehaara dance group from Malaysia.
- Ramdhan (Ramadan) Fair 2019 on 4th May, 9.30am to 2.30pm at Mt Roskill War Memorial Hall, 13 May Road My Roskill Auckland 1041. Food – Drinks – Snacks – Clothing and many more.
- Basava Jayanthi (Humanitarian Day) 2019 function, 4th May, 4pm to 9pm at Mt Roskill War Memorial Park, Auckland. Organized by Basava Samithi of Australasia, New Zealand Chapter. Entry free.
- 5th New Zealand National Hindu Conference, Theme “Stronger communities, Stronger New Zealand” on 4th May, 8.30am to 6pm at Sudima Hotels, Auckland Airport 18 Airpark Dr, Mangere, Auckland 2022. Hosted by Hindu Council of New Zealand. Registration required. Registration includes morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
- Kuch Kuch Locha Hai (कुछ कुछ लोचा है) A twisted romantic comedy directed by Rupal Solanki on 4th May 6.30pm at Playhouse Theatre 15 Glendale Rd Glen Eden Auckland. Tickets $20/$25/$30. For tickets contact Chirag Solanki 027 6784966 / Jayesh Bateriwala 021 1504149.
- KOLLYWOOD EXTRA, an interactive homage to South Indian cinema, 4th May 12noon to 6pm at Sandringham Reserve, Auckland. Entry free. Rain date: 11th May.
- Creative Indian Chutneys using Leftovers, 5th May, 10.30 to 12.30 at EcoMatters Visitor Centre,Kowhai Room,1 Olympic Place,New Lynn, Auckland. click here to Get more info about Love Food Hate Waste
- Overcoming challenges & making a difference: Deepa Malik, evening event to meet inspiration leader and first Indian woman to win a medal at the Paralympics on 6th May, 6.30pm to 8pm at 57, Hillside Rd, Papatoetoe, Auckland 2025. Hosted by Haryana in NZ.
- Public Event with Deepa Malik (The 1st Indian woman to earn a medal at the Paralympic Games), 8th May, 5.45pm to 7pm at 48 Kemp St, Kilbirnie Wellington 6022. Hosted by High Commission of India Wellington, New Zealand
- Satinder Sartaj in Auckland, Live-in-concert on 10th May 7pm to 10pm at Great Hall, Auckland Town Hall, Queen Street, Auckland 1010. Buy tickets
- Fiji Girmit remembrance day – 140th anniversary program on 10th May, 6.30pm to 9.30pm at ARST Community Hall, 53 Skipton St, Mangere East, Auckland 2024. Organized by Fiji Girmit Foundation of New Zealand.
- 140th Girmit Day remembrance program on 10th May evening. Organized by Waitakere Indian Association, Auckland
11th to 20th May
- Chithirai Vizha 2019 Cultural Show in conjuction with the Tamil New Year on 11th May, 5.30pm to 8.30pm at Memorial Theatre Victoria University, Wellington 6005. Organized by Wellington Mutamizh Sangam.
- Mothers Day celebration on 11th May, 3pm to 5pm at Indian Association of Manukau NZ Premises, 57 Hillside Rd Papatoetoe Manukau. Entry on small donation of $5, kids free. Make payment by 8th May to confirm presence.
- An Introduction to Kundalini Yoga with Suraj Kaur Khalsa, 11th May, 2pm to 4pm at Nadi Wellness, level 2, Stanley Street, Queenstown, 9300.
- Celebrating 63rd birthday of Sri Sri Ravi Shanker, Global leader and the founder of Art of Living on 13th May, 7pm onwards at The Art of Living Centre, 93 Lansford Street, Avondale, Auckland. Entry free.
- Girmit Day / Girmit Diwas Program at Shri Ram Mandir, 11 Brick Street, Henderson on 14th May, 7pm onwards (Arti, Ramayan, Girmit program and followed by maha prasad / feast).
- KANNAGI, The story of an Anklet that delivers justice, Indian classical dance presentation by Pavithra Maduram Ravi on 18th May, 6pm to 7pm at Performing Arts centre, Heaton Normal Intermediate School, 125 Heaton St, Merivale, Christchurch 8052. Tickets for adults $5, kids free. All profits donamted to Plunket. Presented by Zealandia Academy of Indian Arts Christchurch
- Swar Tarang 2019, an evening of Indian classical music on 18th May, 6pm to 10pm at Mt Albert War Memorial Hall, 773 New North Road, Mt Albert, Auckland 1025. Free entry
- Nrisimha Chaturdasi celebrations, 18th May, 4.30 pm onwards: Abhisekam, Kirtan, Play, Arati and prasadam at ISKCON Temple 1229 Coatesville-Riverhead Highway, Auckland 0892.
- Vaikasi Visagam festival, 18th May, 10am to 8pm at Thiru Subramaniyar Aalayam Temple, 69 Tidal Road, Mangere, Auckland 2022.
- Girmit Diwas celebrations, 18th May, from 10am at Shiv Hall, 43 Holmes Road, Manurewa. Organized by SST Senior Citizens Association.
- Bollywood Sunday: Free Bollywood workshops and performances at Karanga Plaza on 19th May, 1pm to 4pm at Karanga Plaza – Wynyard Quarter, Auckland (Near Silo Park and Te Whero Island). Organized by Aaja Nachle
21st to 31st May
- South Island Mariamman Tirunaal, 24th May to 26th May at Shree Sanatan Dharam Hall, 19 St John Street, Woolston Christchurch.
- The Contemporary Sikh with Sukhjit and Harjit, on 24th May, 6.30pm to 9.30pm at Ormiston Junior College, 285 Ormiston Road, Auckland 2016. This event will explore ideas around heritage, identity and what it means to be a Sikh in these contemporary times.
- Indian Diaspora Night & Fundraising Dinner on 25th May 6.30pm at D’Grand Cabana, 21st Spartan Road, Takanini. Organized by Rotary Club of Papatoetoe Central. Tickets $100 which includes 3 course dinner.
- Grand Trikuttu on 25th May, 7pm to 2am at Vedic Centre, 33 Glassgow Ave Papatoetoe Auckland by Auckland Trikuttu Group from South Auckland. Entry ticket $10. Kava, food, soft drinks and snacks will be sold on the day. Presented by Auckland Cultural Trust
- Suneheri Yadein, Pancham Magic – Tribute to RD Burban, 25th May 6.30pm at Dorothy Winston Centre, Howe St, Auckland. Ticket $20, available at Spite Bazaar Flatbush, Patel Brothers Mt Roskill and Ton-in-town Food city Sandringham.
- Vesak: Buddha’s Birthday celebration on 26th May, 9.30am to 11.30am at Auckland Zen Centre 50-52 Princes Street, Onehunga Auckland 1061.
- Wesak Celebration 2019 on 26th May from 8.30am to 8pm at Auckland Buddhist Vihara, 29 Harris Rd, Mt. Wellington, Auckland
- Miss World NZ 2019, on 26th May, 5pm onwards at Bruce Mason Centre, #1 The Promenade, Takapuna Beach, Auckland. Tickets $25 to $100 Contestants are as follows: Daniella, Chloe, Monnie, Eirian, Jessie, Nikita, Morgan, Lucy, Natalya, Tess, Emma and Jasmine. Miss World NZ 2019 will run from 5:00pm sharp to interval. After Interval, Mrs New Zealand will run to end of performance. Ticket holders are advised to be seated early as the event will run on time with no delays.
- MEERA, Musical Theatre, for the first time in New Zealand. Six shows: 31st May 2pm, 31st May 7pm, 1st Jun 2pm, 1st Jun 6pm, 2nd Jun 2pm and 2nd Jun 6pm at ASB Waterfront Theatre, 138 Halsey Street, Wynyard Quarter, Auckland 0800. This 16th century epic poetic story which will be adorned with the modern fabric of intelligent cinematography and latest technology is well set to become an epic stage show which will set ASB Waterfront Theatre on fire. Buy Tickets
- 31st May to 2nd June: MEERA, Musical Theatre, for the first time in New Zealand. Six shows: 31st May 2pm, 31st May 7pm, 1st Jun 2pm, 1st Jun 6pm, 2nd Jun 2pm and 2nd Jun 6pm at ASB Waterfront Theatre, 138 Halsey Street, Wynyard Quarter, Auckland 0800. This 16th century epic poetic story which will be adorned with the modern fabric of intelligent cinematography and latest technology is well set to become an epic stage show which will set ASB Waterfront Theatre on fire. Buy Tickets
- 1st June: IFTARI on 1st June, 5pm at Jamia Masjid Al Mustafa, 26 Mangere Road, Otahuhu Auckland
- 1st June – 3rd June: Sangeethothsavam (Sangeet-Utsavam) 2019, Three days Carnatic Music Festival. at Orange Primary School Hall, 21 Rangipawa Rd One Tree Hill Auckland. Organized by New Zealand Carnatic Music Academy. Check NZCMS.org or FB page for more info.
- 2nd June: DJ Frenzy Live in Auckland, 2nd Jun 10pm to late night 3am at Pointers, 2 Lower Hobson st, 1010 Auckland. Tickets $29-$89.
- 3rd June: Shani Jayanti prayers pooja, abhishek and maha prasad on 3rd June, 7pm onwards at Ram Krishn Mandir, 25 Onslow Avenue Papatoetoe Auckland.
- 4th June: Chand Raat Celebrations on 4th June, 7pm to 11pm at Zayed College for girls, 44 Westney Road , Mangere, Auckland, New Zealand 2022. Organized by Pakistan Association of New Zealand.
- 6th June: NZ EID Day 2019, Eid Al-Fitr Prayer and Celebration on Eid day (as per announcement) from 8.30am to 4pm at Eden Park Stadium, Auckland
- 5th June OR 6th June: Eid Al Fitr prayers, on 5th or 6th June, 7 am onwards Jamia Masjid Al Mustafa, 26 Mangere Road, Otahuhu, Auckland
- 5th – 9th June: Ram Mandir Paat Utsav पाटोत्सव, 4th anniversary celebrations from 5th June to 9th June at Shri Ram Mandir, 11 Brick Street, Henederson Auckland
- 8th June: Rabindra, Nazrul, Sukanto Sondhya on 8th June, 7pm onwards at Spotlight Theatre, Tavern Lane, Papatoetoe, Auckland. Entry free. Organized by Probasee Bengalee Association of New Zealand
- 13th June: Gayatri Jayanti Celebrations, 13th June 6pm at Gita Mandir, Bharat Bhawan 48 Kemp St Kilbirnie Wellington
- 13th June: Workshop on New Zealand Biosecurity / quarantine rules -and how to communicate to friends/family in India, on 13th June, 7pm to 8pm at Wellington Indian Association Inc, 48 Kemp St Kilbirnie Wellington
- 15th June: TAMASHA Bollywood party, dance and DJ on 15th June, 10pm till 3am at Skycity, Corner Victoria and Federal Streets, Auckland 1010. Organized by Bollywood Club.
- 15th June: Mid-Winter Social Night on 15th Jun, 6.30pm onwards at 19 St Johns Road, Woolston Sanatan Hall, Christchurch. Organized by Christchurch Fiji Association. Admission $10 which includes dinner. Children under 12 goes free. Enjoy Dance, Gazal, Karaoke and more. Kava, chips, juice etc on sale.
- 15th June – 28th June: YOGATHON NZ, Sun Salutation (Surya Namaskar) and Yoga, 14 days all over New Zealand starting 15th June 10am to 12noon at Bhartiya Mandir Community Hall, 258 Balmoral Road, Sandringham Auckland 1025. Hosted by Yogathon NZ – Health for Humanity. Register free.
- 16th June: High Commission of India coordially invites all to celebrate the International Day of Yoga on Sunday, 16th June 2019 from 10.30am to 11.30 at Bharat Bhavan 48 Kemp St, Kilbirnie, Wellington 6022. Please bring your yoga mat. Entry free.
- 16th June: Mega celebration of 5th International Yoga Day on 16th Jun, 9.30am to 11.30am at Mahatma Gandhi Centre, 145 New North Road, Eden Terrace, Auckland. Please bring Yoga mat. Juice, tea & snacks will be available free. Supported by all major diaspora organizations.
- 14th to 16th June: Hatha Yoga Programme, 14th to 16th June 2019 at Shanti Niwas Seniors Centre, 14 Spring Street, Onehunga, Auckland. (14th June: 6pm to 9.30pm, 15th & 16th June 5pm to 8.30pm).
- 16th June: International Yoga Day on 16th Jun, 9am to 11am at Ormiston Senior College, 275 Ormiston Road Flat Bush Manukau Auckland. Explore Ashtang Yoga, Kundalini Yoga and Hath Yoga. Please bring Yoga mat, rubber souled shoes and water bottle. Organized by India Association (Manukau) New Zealand. Free family event.
- 21st to 23rd June: Akhand Path on the occasion of Parkash Purab of Guru Hargobind Sahib ji. Akhand paath from 21st June morning 9am to 23rd June 11am followed by kirtan and Guru ka langar (feast) at Wellington Gurudwara Sahib, 4-10 Vogel Street, Naenae, Lower Hutt, Lower Hutt City.
- 22nd June: International Yoga Day Celebration Auckland 2019, on 22nd June at Mt Albert War Memorial Hall (Rocket Park) 773 New North Road, Auckland. Organized by Medidation New Zealand. Entry cost $10 (proceeds will support this event and Meditation New Zealand’s Free Prison and Community Programs) or free entry with a community services card.
- 22nd June: Mardi Gras 2019: Ohakune, 22nd Jun, 5pm till mid night at Thames Street, Ohakune. click here for tickets. Presented by Audiology and ZM. Age restriction 18+.
- 22nd June: Saili (साइँली), Nepali Movie. Screening in Auckland on 22nd June, 7pm to 9.30pm at Hollywood Avondale, 20 St. Georges Road Avondale auckland. Ticket $20 (General) and $15 (Student). Buy ticket on aafnoticket.com (Fund raising event)
- 22nd June: Maa Bhagwati Jagran (Full night prayers) on 22nd Jun 7pm to 23rd Jun 6am at Maa Durga Temple 4/3 Onslow Ave Manukau. Starting with maha prasad (feast). All are welcome.
- 23rd June: Mardi Gras 2019: Queenstown, 23rd Jun, 5pm till mid night at Coronet Peak, Queenstown. Click here for tickets. Presented by Audiology, ZM and Coronet Peak. Age restriction 18+
- 23rd June: World Yoga Day celebration, 23rd June 11am to 12.30pm at Waitakere Hindi School-West Wing, 29 Rathgar Road, Auckland 0612. Entry Free.
- 24th June: Career Guidance Workshop on 24th June 6.30pm to 8.30pm at St Johns Anglican Church Hall, 6 Chandler Ave, Royal Oak Auckland. Organized by Auckland Malayali Samajam
- 28th – 29th – 30th June: Shakti: The Universal Energy, A dynamic dance work in celebration of women and their strength on 28th Jun 7.30pm to 9.30pm, 29th Jun 7.30pm to 9.30pm, 30th June 4pm to 6pm at Little Theatre, 2 Queens Dr, Lower Hutt, Wellington Region. Buy tickets Organized by Mudra Dance Company
- 28th – 29th – 30th June: Bhartiya Mandir Patotsav. 28th June: Bhajan Sandhya & Mata ki chowki 5pm onwards. 29th June: Cultural evening 4pm onwards. 30th June: Patotsav Yagna from 10am followed by maha prasad (feast). All are welcome. Location: Bhartiya Mandir, 252-254 Balmoral Road, Mt Albert, Auckland.
- 29th June: Suryaputra – Karna (सूर्यपुत्र कर्ण), Musical Dance Drama (story is based on the Indian epic that extols the life of Karna and times of Lord Krishna) on 29th Jun, 6pm to 9pm at Dorothy Winston Centre, Auckland Girls’ Grammar School, Gate 2, 16 Howe St, Newton, Auuckland. Tickets $25. Organized by Anuradha’s School of Indian Dances. Performance by over 80 students of the school.
- 29th June: Bollywood Factor Talent Search 2019, on 29th June, 7pm to 11pm at Manurewa Netball Centre, 95 Browns Road, Auckland 2102. This show provides the platform for our young professional, amateur, upcoming and aspiring bollywood talents who wants to make career in singing, dancing, performance, modeling, fasion, glamour etc. For ths first time witness the battle between giants from Fiji, New Zealand, Australia and India.
- 30th June: Rock-n-Raaga, An Indian Musical Extravaganza featuring Ronkini Gupta on 30th Jun, 6.30pm at Dorothy Winstone Centre, 16 Howe St Auckland. Tickets available on ticketbazaar.co.nz and Yogijis Food Mart and Lotus Supermarket
5th to 8th July: 2019 Australia & New Zealand Buddhist Youth Conference, 5th Jul to 8th Jul, 9am to 5pm at Fo Ghang Shan Buddhist Temple, 16 Stancombe Road, Flat Bush, Auckland 2016
6th July: Sonu Nigam Live in Concert, with live orchestra 6th Jul, 7pm to 11pm at Logan Cambell Centre, 217 Greenlane Rd West, Epsom, Auckland, New Zealand 1051. Tickets: $59-$100.
6th July: Sudarshana Jayanthi celebrations on 6th July from 10am to afternoon at Sri Balaji Temple, 2 Kent Street, Frankton, Hamilton
6th July: Kalolsavam 2019, cultural program on 6th Jul 8.30am onwards at Blockhouse Bay Community Centre, 524 Blockhouse Bay Rd, Blockhouse Bay, Auckland. Organized by Auckland Malayali Samajam
6th July: Canterbury Tamil Society’s Mid-Winter Celebrations, 6th July, 6pm to 9pm at Templeton Community Centre, 64 Kirk Road, Templeton, Christchurch 8042. Free admission, open to all. Bring a plate of vegetarian food to share.
7th July: Vyasa Puja Celebrations, 7th July 11.30am onwards Homages, Pushpanjali, Guru Puja followed by prasadam at ISKCON Hare Krishna Temple, 1229 coatesville-Riverhead Hwy, Kumeu 0892 Auckland.
13th July: Gopa Kuteeram Day, 13th Jul, 10am to 2pm and 5pm to 8.30pm at Mount Eden Memorial Hall, 487 Dominion Road, Auckland. Organized by Global Organization for Divinity NZ. Engage, Explore adn Experience India in this spiritual fest that will showcase places of worships, Gurus, India’s vibrant colours and diversity.
16th July: Guru poornima Celebrations, 16th July 6.45pm followed by feast at Shiv Mandir 43 Holmes Road. All are welcome.
16th July: My Year with Helen, 16th Jul 6pm special fundraiser session followed by Q+A with the director Gaylene Preston. All funds raised will go to Shakti’s ethnic communities support and women’s refuges. At Academy Cinemas, Central Library Building, 44 Lorne St Auckland City
17th July: An Evening with Arundhati Roy, 17th July 7pm to 8.15pm at victory Convention Centre, 98 Beaumont St, Freemans Bay Auckland 1010. Organized & Presented by Auckland Writers Festival Waituhi o Tamaki in association with ACLALS Auckland 2019
17th July: Guru Purnima program at Shri Ram Mandir, 11 Brick St, Henderson Auckland on 17th Jul, 7pm onwards. Prayers, arti, bhajan, satsang and feast (maha prasad).
18th Aug: Hindola / Jhula Utsav starting 18th Aug upto 17th Aug at Bhartiya Mandir, 252-254 Balmoral Road Mt Albert Sandringham Auckland
18th Jul to 17th Aug: Hindola Utsav at ISSO Swminarayan Temple 10-12 Wentworth Ave, Papatoetoe, Manukau Auckland, 2025
20th July – 17th Aug: Hindola Utsav from 20th July to 17th Aug at ISSO Swaminarayan Hindu Temple Hamilton, 6pm onwards followed by aarti, prayers, nitya niyam and feast (maha prasad) at Wintec City Campus, Hall A1.04 Tristram Street Hamilton
20th July: Bombay Talkies: Horn-OK-Please (DJ and Bollywood Dance party) on 20th Jul from 11.30 till 4am at The Chamberlain, 52 Tyler Street, Auckland 1010.
20th July: Sounds of India 2019 on 20th July 6.30pm to 10pm (doors open at 6pm), featuring Sitar Maestro Dhruv Bedi accompanied on tabla by Basant Madhur and Akhil Madhur. At Dorothy Winston Centre, Auckland Girls Grammer School, Gate 2, 16 Howe St, Auckland. Ticket $30 (Reserved numbered sitting) and $20 for general admissions.
20th July: Family Fun Day 2019 on 20th July 10am to 2pm. Workshops, kids programs, dance, painting and more at Mt Roskill War Memorial, Auckland. Organized by Auckland Tamil Association. Free entry.
20th July: Guru Poornima Celebrations, 20th July 7am onwards. Arti, Bhajan, katha, skit and prayers. Prasad (feast) will be served in afternoon adn evening. Organized by Shri shirdi Saibaba Sansthan of NZ Inc at Athia Samaj Hall, 37 Selwyn St, Onehunga Auckland. Please note, temple is in renovation until end of August 2019.
26th July: Arabian Night: Experience a night in the Middle-East with your family, friends & colleagues on 26th July 5.30pm onwards at Top of the Park, Alexandra Park, Corner of Green Lane West and Manukau Road, Auckland 1051. Organizer of the event ‘Alexandra Park’ are are extremely excited to host the first ever Arabian Night! Let your senses get carried into a world of rich culture and mystical wonder, whilst the all-you-can-eat buffet transports your taste buds to the Middle-East Book online
27th July: Harbhajan Mann Live in Auckland on 27th Jul, 7pm to 10pm at Vodafone Events Centre, 770 Great South Road, Manukau, Auckland 2014.
27th July: Miss India Worldwide NZ 2019 and Mrs India NZ 2019 on 27th Jul 6pm onwards at Papakura Auckland. Ticket $35 to $45
27th July: Stand up comedy show Manish Tyagi LIVE on 27th Jul, 6.30pm at St Cuthbert’s College, 122 Market Road, Epson Auckland. Buy tickets online
27th July: Gurmat Competitions – Kirtan, Speech (Sakhi on Gurus history), Shudh Gurbani Recitation (Ardaas and paath), Sikh Art, Writing competition, Poem and Dastar Bandi for children under age 16 on 27th Jul, 9.30am to 4pm. Prize distribution on 28th July, 9.30am to 2pm during Anniversary celebration diwan at Gurudwara Sri Guru Harkrishna Sahibji, 4/3034 Great North Road, New Lynn, Auckland 0600